Obitus the Undyings Death Guards

GuitaRasmus

I have 3 ½ blissfull weeks of vacation, and spent a few hours taking som pics of my finished miniatures for my Death Guard warband in my blog - I just wanted to show them off. :eek

Daemon prince Obitus the Undying:

dp1.jpg

His Lieutenant and bodyguard:

termies.jpg

Plague Marines

plaguemarines.jpg

Their crumbling ride:

rhino.jpg

The ancient dreadnought, Morbus in Machina:

dread1_1.jpg

dread1_2.jpg

Still needing a good name:

dread2_1.jpg

dread2_2.jpg

The Strain, possessed marines, with dark magos/apothecary:

strain.jpg

Their ride:

landraider.jpg

Obliterators:

oblit1.jpg

oblit2.jpg

Rotting defiler-beast:

defiler1.jpg

defiler2.jpg

To say these are stunning is an understatement. I like how your nurgle stuff does not automatically = fat and slimy. I love your work on all the large daemonic stuff.

Well done ^_^

To say these are stunning is an understatement. I like how your nurgle stuff does not automatically = fat and slimy. I love your work on all the large daemonic stuff.

Well done ;)

I've said it elsewhere, and I'm saying it again: You're a true artist, sir. I believe it's fair to say you're an inspiration for all of us, yet most of us will never get where you are ... Thanks for sharing!

... And please make sure to post a link to your blog at some stage.

Cheers, JT

Thanks a lot for all the kind words. ;) I'm entering the army into the danish armies on parade, and working on the display board at the moment, as well as some new crazy stuff. ^_^

I've said it elsewhere, and I'm saying it again: You're a true artist, sir. I believe it's fair to say you're an inspiration for all of us, yet most of us will never get where you are ... Thanks for sharing!

... And please make sure to post a link to your blog at some stage.

Cheers, JT

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's right here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=250365

If you'd like to check out my Khorne stuff, theres a lot here as well:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/395043.page

What I really like about this army is the crispness and contrast of the colors. Too often you see Nurgle players who fall back to the "blended/muddied color = decay" idea. Which isn't wrong. It's just common. But at the same time, its commonality lets a clean style really shine by way of contrast. Well done.

In my 16+ years in the 40k hobby, I've had several Chaos armies and have NEVER been even remotely interested in Nurgle or Death Guard.... Until now... This army is awesome and so way beyond anything I could ever produce. What I like the most (apart from the awesome models themselves) is that you get that true horror movie feel about them. They are as Horrific as Chaos should be.

You have created something to be really proud of. :)

CTK

Archived