Obitus the Undyings Death Guards

GuitaRasmus

Thanks a lot for the incredibly kind comments - I'm overwhelmed and very glad you like them. :)

The possessed are made with berzerker bodies mated with pink horror heads turned upside down, and given dryad branches as arm tendrils.

You can see wip in my blog, as well as progress on my nurgle wasps (raptors) and giant fly:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry3127066

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The sheer creativity of these models is so over the top I can hardly stand it! Your giant fly/storm talon has to be my favorite. The aggressive in control pose of the marine "pilot" sells it for me, lots of people (myself included) can put together/sculpt cool monsterous models that seem lifeless, but only an artist can give it that kind of dynamic character. Bravo! Oh yeah, nice paint job bro, really the whole package.

Thanks again for the kind comments. :)

The sheer creativity of these models is so over the top I can hardly stand it! Your giant fly/storm talon has to be my favorite. The aggressive in control pose of the marine "pilot" sells it for me, lots of people (myself included) can put together/sculpt cool monsterous models that seem lifeless, but only an artist can give it that kind of dynamic character. Bravo! Oh yeah, nice paint job bro, really the whole package.

Thanks, that means alot to me. I've also got a World Eater warband, where EVERY single model is converted into action-poses - I really think a pose makes or breaks a miniature, and I put a lot of effort into them, so it's great when someone notices. ;)

How did you paint the skin for your plague bearers? They look great...and so does every other model you've painted thus far!!

I prime them citadel white, wash all over with dilluted sepia/thraka green mix, and paint all the recesses with badab black. Boils etc get a wash of red. Blood and gore is tamiya clear red. No actual paints are used. :)

Archived