Publishing year on the current DA dex?

Bearingtheword

A friend of mine came across a coverless DA codex at a thrift store and was curious as to if its the current one or an older one. As we have no flgs near, he can't go in and check at the store, so he was asking me. As I don't play DA (yet, lol) I thought I'd ask you all and see. I think he said his had a publish date of 2003, but I'm not positive on that. any info you all can give would be awesome! Thanks!

~BtW

I was mistaken on the date...It says 2006......Jervis Johnson and Andy Hoare are the authors credited.....4th edition perhaps? Is there a 5th or is it like BT with no 5th released? Again thanks!

@ EPK- Thanks that looks like ot may be the right one you sourced....

~BtW

Aye, that sounds like our current codex. If it's just the front cover missing it should say 'Dark Angels' at the top of the page and have a big stylised, winged sword down the full length of the page with 'By Jervis Johnson and Andy Hoare' at the bottom of the page.

Al

[edit]

IIRC it came out in the february of 2006 and was under 4th ed. It got a lot of people rather flustered as our codex was seen as a test bed for the new codex style, paving the way for cheaper units in the following C:SM release for 5th ed.

[/edit]

Roboute Guilliman compiled and pubslished Codex Astartes between 014.M31 and 021.M31, the Dark Angels Legion accepted the will of the Emperor as revealed by the Emperor's Tarot and... Oh, that codex.

Archived