Skyfire

Koremu

Intriguing.

Hard to Hit is ignored by the Skyfire rule, so it states "fires using its normal Ballistic Skill when shooting at Flyers..."

Heavy Weapons says "If a model carrying a Heavy weapon moved...he can fire it...but only as Snap Shots."

Since they are both Advanced rules...which takes precedence...

Intriguing.

Oh isn't it though? ;)

Does it make a difference if the target is a skimmer, which is also included as being affected/affecting the Skyfire rule?

I can certainly see this being FAQed to the infantry model snap firing, as he is moving and therefore finding it hard to aim etc. RAI that's the ruling, general snap fire takes precedence.

But RAW, it's more complicated. I'd even say that the Skyfire rule is more advanced than the snap fire rules for moving and shooting heavy weapons, which seem to be pretty basic to me. It could well be an order of operations determined by the player whose turn it is, or a roll off.

Unless you argue that Skyfire allows you to use your unmodified BS skill, and snap fire is a modifier, and so therefore the latter takes precedence?

+1 to GM. Sure it has skyfire, so stationary he would fire at BS9000. but he moved, which the snap shot rule would apply so his uber awesome BS would be 1. UNLESS! there was a signum there which he could then be made bs 5.

INCONCIEVEABLE!

Archived