BA with allied GK

Gentlemanloser

Hi All,

I'd like some strategic discussion on my Allies, well rather in my case, my main army. ;)

I'm a GK player, and only dabbled with the Bangels for a couple of games waiting for my new Dex to come out.

I've posted the army list here;

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=256669

Which has gathered no posts yet. ;)

As I'm discussing BA with Allied GK, this sub forum seems the only place I can use to discuss my build.

So any input at all would be welcomed!

Dante isn't a very good hero. I would take a BA Librarian any day over him. TDA is probably a good idea, PA Librarian are just too squishy. I'd consider swapping for Divination, with a unit of Sternguard or Stormhammers loaded in with him.

Sanguinary Guard...2+ saves are better now, but they are so expensive and a few plasma hits just annihilate them. I'd honestly be taking Stormhammers or Sternguard, they're a better Elites choice either way. Also their glaives are now AP3, so not as good as hammers.

You are spending way too much on the Troops for the BA core. Just take minimum 5-man Scout squads, they're infinitely cheaper and will do largely the same job (quietly hold objectives whilst the Knights take all the heat and march into enemy lines).

For the Knights:

I think you should drop the Paladins and Strikes, and instead take a pair of Terminator blobs. They're arguably more durable than both (less susceptible to high Strength hits than Paladins, and tougher than Strikes by a wide margin). The Xenos Inquisitor is nice, but I'd prefer a TDA Malleus one, as he brings another psycannon and hammer on top of 'Prescience, which is arguably better than some plasma pistols.

Overall it's not a bad list by any means, but I think it could be better.

Thanks for the insight!

Dante was to let me DS a unit from the SR while zooming, without the potential of it scattering and losing the whole lot. With Dante, I could have taken a Honour Guard unit (for the extra FNP) but wanted an Troop choice for scoring.

I could drop the SG for some Assault Marines.

The Scouts I plan to CS, and leave 2 lots of 5 Snipes on home objectives. I could just go with 2 x 5 man snipes, and probably will. I'm not sure how effective two 5 man Infiltrating Scouts will be. BP+CCW don't really scare, and sure, I've a Melta bomb. I just like Inflitrate, and having some additional scoring units I can sent forward or into unnocupied Table Quaters.

For the Knights, I originally had GKT, but as always, found out I could squeeze in more bodies by dropping 10 GKT for 5 Pallies. That allowed me to bring more Strikes.

I'm happy to change up the Inq, I've just got a dual Plasma Pistol Cypher clone I made ages ago! ;) I was trying to keep costs down and oriignally had a Xeno's Inq for the Plasma Syphon on a GKT blob, but couldn't afford it in the end. ;) I could go back tot he good old OM Inq in TDA with Psycannon. ;)

(Edit: I should also add, I was looking at S Guard as I could pass them off with PAGK minis. ;) Use the normal PAGK kit, add in a S Guard Jump Pack without wings, and use a S Guard Pistol arm (hopfully able to make it match up with a Nemesis Force Sword!) Pass them off as some sort of GK brotherhood that's using a new type of PErsonal Teleporter, that funnels thier Aegis field into it to give them more accurate Deep Strikes. ;) )

Edit2: Army List updated. Bleh for having to post multiple threads, and keep linking to them. :(

Archived