Warlord traits and psychic discipline choices for Librarian?

warsmith

Hey all,

Decided to post this here rather than the army lists section as its not directly about my list, though please feel free to comment if you need to.

I have a 600 point list that I am planning to use with a local school group which I help out with and I'm stumped on which warlord trait to choose from and which disciplines/powers to go for for my Librarian. For the record my list is as follows:

Librarian - Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest - Jump Pack, Power Axe

5 Assault Marines - Meltagun, Combat Shield, Power Sword

5 Assault Marines - Meltagun, Combat Shield, Power Sword

5 Assault Marines - Meltagun, Power Sword

So which warlord trait would you reccomend and why, same again for psychic disciplines/BA powers.

Thanks in advance

Dan

I would reccomend divination as all the powers are pretty good, and the signature power is workable, if you don't like what you get. The nice thing is you can swap your Blood Angel powers out AFTER seeing your opponent's list. I think Unleash Rage and Shield are fairly popular base powers. Fear of the Darkness can be fun when you frighten a big squad off the table.

Out of interest, what is your Librarian's force weapon? I run mine with a force axe (mainly because axes look cool, but crunching through terminator armour is also nice) and use divination.

The Warlord traits all have pros and cons. You could try out a few different ones if you can fit in a few practise games. Alternatively, you could roll a d3 and let the dice gods decide...

I would consider swapping out your shields for Melta-bombs. A 6++ isn't likely to do that much. A melta-bomb applied to a carnifex's face or the side of any tanks you encounter may provide more entertainment...

Good luck for your games.

Dallo

I think Personal Traits and Biomancy are the most likely to yeild something you will be able to use. Divination is good but you have to be able to use the Primaris Power and Prescience is just not going to do you much good with this list.

Archived