Dark Angels Vet sprue questions

gilljoy

Hey all,

I'm currently building a small dark angels force mainly to paint at the minute but aiming get to about 1K for a small army. I've got a quick question about the dark angels veteran box.

I had a look on GW's website and the upgrade sprue is £12 where as the veteran box is £20. From looking at picture of the sprue I've noticed that there are 5 bodies and assorted weapons etc so whats the difference between that sprue and the veteran box I could buy in store?

Seems like much better value to me to buy 10 vets for £24 compared to 5 for £20.

Cheers guys

If you check out the photo on post 101 on this thread there is the plastic sprue you get for 12 pounds (the Termi bits have been removed in the picture).

I am not sure what extras you get in the box but I think it has been discussed somewhere that you get the SM HQ sprue (ML/plasma gun etc).

I am sure that someone will let you know in due case :D

The difference is that the veteran box comes with the special weapons/squad upgrade frame and some bases for the models. If you've got plenty of bases and special weapons lying around it's worth going for the £12 sprues.

If you've not got enough bases, they're 10 for £3 which is still a reasonable price of £27 for 10 vets.

Al

Archived