Allies - Battle Brothers

Hey all. Been looking into allies a lot the last few days and I'm a little confused as to how this all works.

For example, I've seen a couple of times that you can use things like; An Archon with a reroll on the 2+ because of a Farseer. Etc,.

One that I've seen more recently is using Pedro Kantor to give a +1 attack buff to Black Templar Crusaders... Though the FAQs have reworded a bunch of these things to say:

"Ability X: this ability can be used to do Y for all friendly units from the Codex:Z"

How is it that abilities worded with the "units from the Codex:Z" clause in the rules are being argued that allies can use them?

They're being argued incorrectly. There are a lot of folks on various boards, blogs, etc who quote incomplete rules, or make rulings without actually having read the FAQs or rulebook.

That's what I thought. So, in the Kantor example, if it says "to Friendly units from Codex: Space Marines", Battle Brother allies don't get this, correct?

They're being argued incorrectly. There are a lot of folks on various boards, blogs, etc who quote incomplete rules, or make rulings without actually having read the FAQs or rulebook.

That's what I thought. So, in the Kantor example, if it says "to Friendly units from Codex: Space Marines", Battle Brother allies don't get this, correct?

100% correct, and concise to boot. :teehee:

One interesting exception to this rule that I noticed the other day is that Kantor's "Sternguard become scoring" special rule has not been FAQ'd to C:SM only, so a Blood Angels Sternguard squad can benefit from this.

Given the state of 6th edition rules and FAQs that could just be an oversight, but for now it's allowed. :D

Excellent. Thanks guys.

Been toying with the idea for my Templar of using a Codex:Space Marine allied force. Someone on our subforum brought up the Kantor scenario, (there was another one too, can't remember off the top of my head which character/army it was though...). Sounded too good to be true. Guess it was! Haha.

One interesting exception to this rule that I noticed the other day is that Kantor's "Sternguard become scoring" special rule has not been FAQ'd to C:SM only, so a Blood Angels Sternguard squad can benefit from this.

Given the state of 6th edition rules and FAQs that could just be an oversight, but for now it's allowed. :)

BA Sternguard are more expensive (25 per instead of 22 per) and do not have Combat Tactics, forgoing it for a 1 in 6 chance of Red Thirst (Fearless, Furious Charge). You can FNP them with a Sanguinary Priest, which is something to consider. Also...can Battle Brothers scoring units hold an Objective for you? I had thought that they could not, but I can't recall now.

That said, I concur that it's like an oversight. <3

Given the state of 6th edition rules and FAQs that could just be an oversight, but for now it's allowed. :)

BA Sternguard are more expensive (25 per instead of 22 per) and do not have Combat Tactics, forgoing it for a 1 in 6 chance of Red Thirst (Fearless, Furious Charge). You can FNP them with a Sanguinary Priest, which is something to consider. Also...can Battle Brothers scoring units hold an Objective for you? I had thought that they could not, but I can't recall now.

That said, I concur that it's like an oversight. <3

Actually, C:SM Sternguard are also 25pts. Of course, they wouldn't have Combat Tactics if you take Pedro.

For interest sake, the Eldar combo doesnt work either.

That power only works on Eldar, not Dark Eldar.

The thing is it only works on eldar UNITS.

The unit thats being fortune in such a case is Eldar- they put it on the Harlequin Squad- the question is wether or not ICs from other books can gain the benefit. And thats entirely up in the air, as its really just not covered as far as I can see.

Archived