DA Missing Unit in BGB

Hi.

That would be ok with me in the end as long as they quickly release a much downplayed Codex: Blood Angels. Space Wolves too, but I actually like them so less haste would be required to suit me.

As I see it Blood Angels are meant to be op because Sanguinius died to Horus for nothing in return, a kind of karma-back-power, and Space Wolves are just the favored sons. So Dark Angels players have to win with tactic, not with a power codex, which is still possible because Dark Angels are (you are) meant to be tacticians. ;)

As for the topic, everything was covered, I might just add that Dark Angel veterans are a plus-free-of-charge for DA anyway, they are in the codex yet, good, they are not in it anymore, also good, as DA veterans are meant to wear TDA only. Yup, "Company veterans" are not "1st company" veterans, but you got the point, or mine at least.

Cheers.

I really dont believe that the deaths of the primarchs have anything to do with codex mechanics. Granted there is the blood rage but that is something of a trait that makes the BA different from the rest and if I might add an exception.

As for the DA veterans, well i cant see them as free of charge either. They are neither vanguard neither sternguard but an aborted child of their crossing. Or the failed prototype for their creation if you will. They simply cant compete with the previously stated choices and they cost a ton to boot if equipped properly.

Add to this that as far as most of us know there is no fluff concerning their existence whatsoever and you get the picture.

The best thing is to drop them completely or turn them into something wholly different and justifiable by fluff.

On vets – ignoring the fluff awkwardness (who are they, why aren't they featured in the DA org chart in the Codex, should they be there at all etc etc) remember the justification for them being in the Codex in the first place was that they were the only flexibly-sized unit and would be useful as an odd-sized squad (i.e. NOT 5 or 10 men) to fill holes in army lists :).

Anyway that aside, let's keep this 40K-related and preferably DA at that!

Cheers

I

Remember though that a ret-con is a fluff justification, and just as valid as decades of text. I know people don't like it, but regardless of the incomplete feeling for the Company Vets, they are already justified in the fluff.

Eh, I dunno. I always looked at the Vets as the talented blokes whom the Inner Circle had doubts over being told of the Fallen. So instead of killing off established heroes of the Company and raising hard questions amidst the lower ranks, as well as not depriving the Chapter of talented men, they proclaim them "veterans", outfit them with bling, and call it a day. This way, they feel useful to the company and Chapter, the Chapter keeps talented shots, and the Inner Circle remains free of compromising elements. :)

Eh, I dunno. I always looked at the Vets as the talented blokes whom the Inner Circle had doubts over being told of the Fallen. So instead of killing off established heroes of the Company and raising hard questions amidst the lower ranks, as well as not depriving the Chapter of talented men, they proclaim them "veterans", outfit them with bling, and call it a day. This way, they feel useful to the company and Chapter, the Chapter keeps talented shots, and the Inner Circle remains free of compromising elements. :lol:

That's certainly one possible explaination. The Unforgiven have always been depicted (at least since Angels of Death when they first got a real personality) as having an extremely byzantine and intricate system of ranks, one of wheels-within-wheels, where one's knowledge of the Fallen is only marginally connected to one's military rank. I've always seen the Company Veterans (and some Veteran Sergeants in "line" squads) as being the members of the Battle Companies and Reserve Companies that have begun the long process of maving from the outer layers to the inner ones.

Sort of like the "degrees of initiation" that conspiracy theory attributes to secret societies like Freemasonry, Illuminati, Scientology, or the United States Postal Service. :D

Archived