Should I come back the DA?

SGM-Azrael

Point of order: what the Dark Angels wear over their armor doesn't really appear to even be robes or a cowl (based on the modern definitions), because they have no sleeves (which is typically the difference between something like a cloak and a robe... a robe has sleeves). Maybe they wear robes without their armor on or a cowl, but a cowl refers to a closed garment, which we can see based on several of the models is not always the case, as well, a cowl also has wide sleeves, which the garment the Dark Angels wear over their armor does not have.

What they wear doesn't really seem to have a lot of definition in actual modern clothier's jargon, but in 40K jargon, it's called a robe. In 30K jargon, appears to have been called a surplice for at least a certain period referring to a similar piece of cloth over non-powered knight's armor, and the term may have been retained for a similar garment over power armor.

Gentlemen you are reading (again) too much into it. When i see this: http://www.medievalfantasiesco.com/Capes/MonksRobeWeb.jpg

I the uninitiated call it a robe. That said is more simple and effective. The dark angels wear those things to emphasize the monastic order of the knights of Caliban. Its called a robe for simplicity's shake.

Should we stop calling our firearms bolters and call them godwynn pattern bolt gun whateevercalliberitwasidontremember?

Archived