A rebirth

Or in this case, a new go at painting my salamanders... :tu:

Hi. My name on this site used to be Kaladon_Lindor. I made a new account, as you can see, a new beginning. My previous work lacked motivation, drive, and funds. The painting was sloppy and careless. I often did little with my models for week, even months at a time. And since i am all for new beginnings, I decided a new account was in order. Well, now that you have heard my sentimental ramblings, time to explain what I am doing.

I am a space marine player, obviously, and bought my first boxed set when i was nine. I am now thirteen. I originally bought the Assault on Black Reach boxed set at a store in Oregon that gives you a five dollar discount on every thirty dollars you pay on Warhammer 40k items. A pretty good deal. Also, since a live in Washington the break from sales tax made this the perfect place to buy my expensive items in the future. Unfortunately I live roughly four hours away and only go to that part Oregon to visit my grandparents as a family get together during the summer and winter.

Anyways, what I'm saying is... Well... I don't actually know what the point of that ramble was, but... Whatever. Anyways, down to business.

After bip bopping around homemade paint schemes, and then reading the novels Salamander and Firedrake by Nick Kyme I settled on Salamanders. I plan on basing my force largely on the third company of Salamanders, after their campaign in the Hadron belt. Dak'ir will be a lexicanum as such.

Now, some pictures :D

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h395/Andrew_Keillor/Salamanders%20Third%20Company/DSC_0004.jpg The main force, with some unassembled guys missing...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h395/Andrew_Keillor/Salamanders%20Third%20Company/DSC_0005.jpg And my work table, body parts strewn across it.

Well, that is all for now. Will (hopefully) have some painted models soon.

• 6 months later...

I'm back! After about 5 months, I have once again begun painting my Salamanders. Sorry for the long delay, but im not the most motivated at times... Anywho, I'm finding I'm enjoying the challenge of painting much more recently, and will post updates more frequently.

So, here's what I've done so far:

My dreadnought, basecoated chaos black and foundation painted a watered down Dark Angels green ( with some detail work done already)

gallery_67999_8076_1556391.jpg

So, here is his multi melta, with weathering of choas black from firing the super heated stuff that meltas fire...

gallery_67999_8076_460667.jpg

His Coffin or whatever, with the wings done in the same method as the power fist and multi-melta, minus the blood red wash.gallery_67999_8076_3499386.jpg

His power fist, which im not so sure about. I'll run my steps by you guys. So what I did was I appplied a coat of vermin brown, and then a watered down coat of shining gold. After that, I applied a wash of Badab black. And for the silver, i just applied a coat of boltgun metal, with a wash of baddabblack. Now, I wanted to make it seem like he'd been smashing lots of xenos lately, so I applied a wash of blood red. Now, im not really sure whether I like the affect or not. I'll leave it up to you guys. And for a final weathering effect, i drybrushed his fingertips with chaos black, to make them seem burnt. What do you think? To much Blood red?

gallery_67999_8076_2656098.jpg

gallery_67999_8076_236200.jpg

gallery_67999_8076_623444.jpg

So that's all for now! Please give me feedback and advice smile.png

Archived