Company Veterans Squad confusion.

Diavlo

Hi brothers

I have tried to find an answer, but I have failed.(found similar topics, but not enough)

Company Veterans Squad wargear options, bullet number two.

FAQ changed sentence to any so I can replace bolter or chainsword with one of weapons right for everyone, so far so good.

With assault squads its clear and obvious that my sergeant can take power weapon and plasma pistol.

Here i can replace chainsword to power weapon or plasma pistol.

This way I can have veterans with:

option a. bolt pistol and plasma pistol

option b. bolt pistol and power weapon

As far as I understand I can't have power weapon and plasma pistol am I right?

If so then I'm disappointed and probably i'll stick with my terminators.

On the other hand we have now Gunslinger rule (Page52 Rulebook) that if I understood that correctly we can fire both pistols (correct me if I'm wrong).

Giving 175point worth dual wielding Gunslingers 5 bolt shots, 5 plasma shots, and 20 CC attacks on charge. Is it in your opinion enough to be worth?

I have always played Deathwing or Ravenwing, now in the era of 6th edition I want to try out veterans and the first thing that hit me was that I'm not able to give them power weapon and plasma pistol.

For the Lion

and for the Emperor

I believe you are correct on both not being able to take PW + PP as well as the gunslinger rule. I see Wolf players already making lists with squads of Wolf Guard wielding two each in pods (though that takes away from assaulting that turn, no?).

I think the Vets made this way could be a nice one trick pony - they'll get their shots off and probably devastate a enemy unit, but after that, how many might remain? 1s will probably come up - or at least for me. Maybe you stick them in a RB? Though the thought occurred to me to add 2-3 more Vets to the squad, just armed with BP/Chainsword, have a Chaplain tag along, and stick them in a LRC. Of course, you are looking at nearly 600 points.

I'd also be wary of modeling any new figures this close to a new Codex. It'd stink to invest the time and money into a squad of custom troops, only to have the option removed next turn.

On a lighter note... Going full-blown John Woo and dual-weilding a Bolt Pistol and Plasma Pistol? In an Unforgiven Veteran's robe? Would you kindly step into my office, the nice Interrogator-Chaplain would like to have a few words.

I'd also be wary of modeling any new figures this close to a new Codex. It'd stink to invest the time and money into a squad of custom troops, only to have the option removed next turn.

On a lighter note... Going full-blown John Woo and dual-weilding a Bolt Pistol and Plasma Pistol? In an Unforgiven Veteran's robe? Would you kindly step into my office, the nice Interrogator-Chaplain would like to have a few words.

Agreed on the not making new custom figs just yet.

Ajax, check out my original WiP thread for a Stoneburners vet in robes John Woo style. :P

Also, yes, I'll third that... I started a DW command squad with all TH/SS (notable the banner and apoth fellas) and I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna sit on them until the new codex and change out the arms if need be.

Whatever do you mean?

If you are not joking, Cypher the Fallen Angel is being meant. Lqtm.

Also, magnets are hobbyists best friend. That and a drill. Lol

Archived