Vanguard sarg MUST have a power sword?

ragged

In the codex entry for Vanguard Veterans, the Sergeant is specifically called out as having a power sword, instead of the standard chainsword.

The FAQ entry for "replace all references to power swords with power weapons" doesn't cover the Vanguard vets (it only covers pages 129-133, whereas the VVs are on page 139).

Now any VV can get a power weapon by giving up a chainsword (which the sarg doesn't have) or a bolt pistol (which he does).

So although the Sarg can give up his pistol to take an additional power weapon of his choice, he's stuck with his original power sword. I have no way of getting a Sarg with, say, axe and bolt pistol.

Am I right?

In the codex entry for Vanguard Veterans, the Sergeant is specifically called out as having a power sword, instead of the standard chainsword.

The FAQ entry for "replace all references to power swords with power weapons" doesn't cover the Vanguard vets (it only covers pages 129-133, whereas the VVs are on page 139).

Now any VV can get a power weapon by giving up a chainsword (which the sarg doesn't have) or a bolt pistol (which he does).

So although the Sarg can give up his pistol to take an additional power weapon of his choice, he's stuck with his original power sword. I have no way of getting a Sarg with, say, axe and bolt pistol.

Am I right?

Page two of the Space Marine FAQ/Errata for 6th says

Var-Power Swords

In the bestiary and army list replace all reference to "Power Sword" With "Power Weapon"

So the sarg can have any one of the four to start with instead of just the sword

Archived