Wrath of the Ancients

BassWave

I would like to discuss tactics and possible army lists with 5 or more dreadnoughts. Using the allies rules, it is now possible to take even more dreadnoughts than ever before. For example, a codex marines army allied with SW can take up to 14 dreadnoughts at 2000+if I am not mistaken (Motf allows 6 elites+ 6 heavies+ Bjorn+ SW dread. I believe BA can take even more with a whopping total of 22 at 2000+ (6 Elites+6 Heavies+ 10 DC dreads?)

I'd like to focus on the SM with SW allies variation first. My question is, how do you make such a list viable?

For example, a codex marines army allied with SW can take up to 14 dreadnoughts at 2000+if I am not mistaken (Motf allows 6 elites+ 6 heavies+ Bjorn+ SW dread.

Actually - 15, I think. I can't find anything which precludes the MotF from making SW Dreads HS choices in an Battle Brothers allied detachment. The only army which could hope to do more would be Blood Angels with their Elite, Heavy Support, and Troop (Death Company) Dreads. But while they don't need a MotF to do it, they don't have the Ironclad in their army.

Archived