Tau: my brother and my friend!

Azrael Turnbull

This may have already been discussed on this forum, but I can not find the topic if it has. Does anyone know what is going on with our new Tau 'friends'? My first thoughts were that this must be a mistake that would simply be rectified by the first errata that comes out, but so far this hasn't happened.

I've looked around on other forums, and people who have brought this topic up quickly come to an agreement that Dark Angels (and other marines) would ally with Tau for the time being and that it wouldn't stop them from fighting each other afterwards. I think all of these people are idiots! That description clearly comes directly under 'Allies of Convenience', not 'Battle Brothers'. As it happens, not one forum has come to the decision that Dark Angels (and other marines) being as close to Tau as they are with Imperial Guard and other Marine chapters is utterly ridiculous.

It can't be a mistake, as I'm sure it would have been picked up on by now. So are we to expect a retconned Tau codex like we experienced with the new Necrons? If so, it can't be as simple as Tau becoming buddy buddies with the Imperium as they're still only 'Allies of Convenience' with the Imperial Guard.

Can I have thoughts from other people?

Archived