Battle reports 6.0 Ed.

Snejk

and way easier than 5th edition,

ok. I see a problem here . shoting palas in 5th . I shot . I wound , he assigns , he rolls saves . In the I shot , I wound , he LoS! the because stuff is champion , saves. He also does LoS! tests at +4 and +2 . because some models are charas and some are IC . It totaly slows the game down . The ability to check range , same thing . Why give it when shoting armies more or less ignore it [aside for "shortest" range is what . melta thats like 18" minimum range] and melee doesnt realy care because charge is random ? it lets people stall the game without being called on it[because the rules says he can] .

killing closest stuff is good , when its on unit vs unit level . when its on unit vs 1 model level you get bullet bending . that is very counter intuitive for people starting the game .

Don't have the rulebook or a pdf so I can't comment.

I don't mean this in a flaming way, I found it amusing. Anyone else notice the irony of this post......or it pointlessness. Lol, please tell me that was posted as an intentional joke.

Oh, it's totally slower. If you are in a situation complex enough to make batch rolling a hassle and you start single rolling wounds, with look out sirs on all of them, then it's hella slow and really annoying.

And bullet bending champs are just stupid.

No, I'm not in the least saying I like these rules. I don't. True Line of Sight, and every stupid rule put into effect to facilitate the implementation of it, is just dumb. Let units shoot at units. Let the defender pull casualties (no reason why bob can't pick up bill's meltagun). But whatever, that's not how 6e works. The system we have is supposed to be immersive and narrative, but the effect on the table, from what I've seen, is so gimmicky and gamist that it pulls me right out of the game.

I didn't feel the core rules in 5th were an improvement over the core rules in 4th, and I don't feel that about most of 6th either. However, I'm still having fun with it in casual settings, and I'm still excited for the new codex (though only barely, after pulling my expectations way, way down based on the current standing rumors), so whatev's.

But I would not want to enter a tournament any time soon.

Archived