Furioso Librarian

terminatorAM

There have been discussions about him in the past, but with 6th ed. everything has changed. So how do you think the Libby Dread will work in 6th?

I plan on running one in a 1500-2000pnt list w/ wings and shield. With 5+ being the standard cover save out there, this dreadnought just became a flying shield generator. I think he will go with 2 squads of ASM and provide that str 10 AP 2 boost in cc.

What else would you suggest for supporting him?

Also, does he even have the option to take the new BRB powers? The FAQ seems to say no, but it doesn't say specifically anywhere.

also, I just noticed that the wording for jump infantry in the rule book allows the Wings of Sanguinius to gain all the rules of jump units, not just the 12" movement. Hello Hammer of Wrath extra attack!

Can you clarify this?

Now there's something i never even considered. A flying Furioso working in conjunction with assault squads? Really wish i had thought of that. Actually, wouldn't this work well in a Dantewing list maybe? Couple of these with their bubbles, some priests as well. Definetly something for me to think about >.>

Hi

BGB Pg 47 Units that are described as ' moving like' jump units follow all the rules and special rules of jump infantry.

wings move as if a jump pack

jump pack become jump unit see above

as I read it librirain with wings gets the charge reroll and hammer attack

or have i missed something?

Cheers

GMD

yup, it's lovely gravy:), though, I'd prefer the d3 atttacks over the 1 i10 str6 attack. [using might vs wings that round] though it is lovely if you are using say, shield as your alternate power.

I was thinking of doing up a sanguard army with a couple of flying dreads casting shield around, could be a laugh:P

the fact hoods can't dismiss your buff powers and that perils is a glance is huge improvement for them. the amount of times I've had my libby dreads immobilise themselves with a perils is astonishing. getting stunned was also a complete nightmare. you stopped moving in the current turn AND your next one [the wording on stunned is that you can't move or shoot till the end of your next turn.. eeeurgh!]

Hi

BGB Pg 47 Units that are described as ' moving like' jump units follow all the rules and special rules of jump infantry.

Cheers

GMD

I don't think you have, you laid it out pretty well.

I will also add that at the top of the page, under the heading you have "Jump units are equipped with jump packs, wings, teleport devices or other means of moving quickly..."

And, under the rules for Wings of Sanguinius, "The power is used in the Movement phase and lasts for the rest of the turn" which means you can move normally, cast wings and then when you charge use all the special rules in the assault phase, both the re-roll charge distance as well as the HoW rule.

I'm now in the "convinced" camp whereas I was not before. Good job Sir!

Hi

Cheers

GMD

This was how I read it too. One extra attack isn't super amazing, but at str 6 it is more that our ASM can claim and it can only help.

@Fortunate Son: I didn't even think of using him as an over-watch shield, will have to watch out for melta heavy units, but otherwise this would be awesome. Every time I look at this unit it seems to get better in my mind. With blood fist attacks and AV 13 it can pose a thread to things like paladins and other 2+ units that are now difficult to hit at initiative and ignore armor

Dreadnoughts and MC's already get a HoW attack when they charge. You don't need wings to do it.

Check page 84, again.

Pretty sure its not there.

I remember having heard this rumour ages ago, but when i looked for it, couldnt find it ^_^

If you are willing to do some conversion work, we can make the libby dread's force weapon into a force ax for the extra point of strength (or i guess count the weapon he has as one).

While you would probably use the fist attacks more often than not, if you come across a monstrous creature w/ low initiative, it will make a decent counter charge unit against the beast

If you are willing to do some conversion work, we can make the libby dread's force weapon into a force ax for the extra point of strength (or i guess count the weapon he has as one).

The libby has a force halberd, which counts as an axe already.

And yes, Mephy can cast wings, walk 6", then Wrath into combat, rerolling a single dice with fleet (or all with fleet/wings). Pretty nasty.

The libby has a force halberd, which counts as an axe already.

And yes, Mephy can cast wings, walk 6", then Wrath into combat, rerolling a single dice with fleet (or all with fleet/wings). Pretty nasty.

Archived