favored close combat weapons in 6th?

Demoulius

Hello all!

Been slowly trying out all the new shiney power weapons and I have to say my favorite so far has been the power axe :) Ive used it on a blood angel captain who was near a sanguinary priest and while he hits at I1 that S6 is a real killer! (if only we would have gotten relic blades :()

I somewhat dislike that my chaplains crozious is no longer cutting through power armour but on the same flipside it adds some balance :) all power weapons beeing the same was kind of bland...

Still like power swords. AP3 isent bad at all, they wont be killing terminators mind but still cutting through hordes of generic infantry is far from bad as well :D

Powerfist i feel the same about. Sort of mandatory and needed to prevent marines from dying to lots of things but I like that our characters now have some flavour to choose from :)

My Captain sports an axe, so I'm in the lucky position of saying 'this is an axe' or saying ' :( the rules, it's a normal powerweapon and AP3'. I'm certainly not going to re-model him if I want a AP3 weapon Cap'n.

I feel the same way for the crozius. It's a big blow for Lemartes, although he will chew through Nobz(unfortunately not biker/meganobz anymore) like they're paper when he's wounded.

Snorri

I like the power axe a lot, most of my librarians are carrying force axes.

The powersword is still good as is the powerfist. I like that I can give a character a lightning claw and a powerfist and get the +1 attack now.

I have not yet tried the maul.

Don't know about you guys but i'm in favour of the Power Axe. Axes in general look and feel way meaner than a sword, but then again I also like the Power maul. Nothing says "I'll crush you puny human!" like a good maul. But i'm not sure they come in the regular Terminator boxes, just in the traitor boxes. Either way I love em.

But considering i'm about to build a new army (Flesh eaters) and I havent begun cutting the bits of the sprues yet, should i go for an Axe and a shield on my assault sergeants? Or just a regular power fist? I'm mainly thinking of them as anti infantry units and will equip them with two flamers and melta bombs on the sergeant, while i intend on leaving the anti tank duty to my devastators and tac squads.

I like that I can give a character a lightning claw and a powerfist and get the +1 attack now.

Wait come again? I thought you had to have the same special weapon? "re-reads the rules"

Wow, your right! That would be an interesting combo then! :o

I cant really find how models with different weapons attack :( can you just pick what weapon you use? If so a power sword and power axe combo might be nice :) You get the extra attack and can pick the axe for more oompf and AP2 if you need it. Or stick to the sword if you want to strike at your iniatiatve and AP3 is enough :)

Something else to note though, the Furioso can no longer safely wander through units of terminators..... Lightning claws are AP3 :( a pretty big nerf I feel...

I cant really find how models with different weapons attack :( can you just pick what weapon you use? If so a power sword and power axe combo might be nice :) You get the extra attack and can pick the axe for more oompf and AP2 if you need it. Or stick to the sword if you want to strike at your iniatiatve and AP3 is enough :)

Something else to note though, the Furioso can no longer safely wander through units of terminators..... Lightning claws are AP3 :( a pretty big nerf I feel...

Maybe a much needed one though?

Also, Didnt think about the swd/axe combo :) Not a bad idea for 30pnts.

As far as how they attack with weapons, it depends on what the model is armed with.

In our codex wherever you see "power sword" change that to "power weapon" as per the FAQ and then dependent on what we arm it with, its that weapon !

So, its up to our modelling.

nonono thats not what i mean. say you charge into combat with a PS (power sword) and PA (power axe) captain can you for example devide attacks? say 3 with sword 2 with axe? or do you have to choose? cant find a mention of it anywheere....

nonono thats not what i mean. say you charge into combat with a PS (power sword) and PA (power axe) captain can you for example devide attacks? say 3 with sword 2 with axe? or do you have to choose? cant find a mention of it anywheere....

I believe you have to decide at the beginning of the phase, but don't have the rulebook with me.

As to Blood Claws... haven't thoroughly playtested, but had my Furioso run into a squad of Veterans. 2+ meant that I didn't kill anyone, where I would have eviscerated the squad in 5th. I was very disappointed.

Anyone using spears/lances? I know there was some talk of a Dante-led Hit and Run squad.

Archived