Techmarines

swantoon

How useful are techmarines now? Since there is a big push in 6th about using terrain and fortifications, does that now enable techmarines to be more useful? There also seems to be (at least in my area) a large number of terminators that have shown back up. Can the techmarine and company now deal with terminators since their servo-harnesses and servo-arms cut through termy armor? Should techmarines be stationed beside gun emplacements to free up other fighting units to go out and deal with other threats?

Just some questions I have been asking myself lately. Most of it has come from my search for more anti-terminator things. Any advice on this would be helpful!!

Swantoon

Haven't tried-em! Idk, I mean with the right list, the right mission... could be worth it at higher points levels (1850+), especially if you have a clutch piece of ruins terrain your LGS has for you to put Devastators into.

Personally I'd rather use multimelta attackbikes (gosh, I feel like I shamelessly plug these in all my posts) but they are just such a solid choice for 50pts each.

No advice for ya since I haven't used Techmarines---- try him out and tell us how it goes!

They got a small boost in that they can now bolster any terrain in your deployment rather than any ruin in your deployment, but in my opinion, most of the time there are too many better choices in the Elite slot. The only time to include one would really be if you included a Scout Squad as a "back-field" objective holder, which is the same as you would previously. Sadly they can't keep up with an attacking mechanised force and many people don't really play with a defensive mechanised force (i.e Whirlwinds, etc that sit back). I only ever tend to use mine in Apocalypse games.

Step 1: Ally with C:SM

Step 2: Take a captain with artificer armor, a str 6 power weapon, and a scout squad with cloaks.

Step 3: Buy a thunderfire cannon

Step 4: Paint your SM allies as...something red, and hope no one notices.

Step 5: Declare techmarines as useful!

Archived