storm raven with dc dread of furiosoo

Aye, while AstOrath and the DC should have more powerweapons, you could need some AP2 weapons in there, the Furioso is excellent for that.

Bring the DC dread with Talons if you don't have to fight anything with a 2+ armour save, but if you do, better bring the blood fists for the ultimate smackdown.

Snorri

I agree with the other posters, I've found both Fist Furiosos and Talon DC Dreads to be very effective. I usually run one of each. Another thing I've found works really well is to use my Librarian to buff the DC dread, or nerf the opponent who will be receiving a charge. I usually use Divination, and shoot for my opponent to either be rerolling successful saves, or giving my dread reroll to hit. With both of those powers coming from an Epistolary, my DC dreadnought completely wiped out a unit of 10 hammernators and a librarian in one round of combat.

DCD with fists is still 6 S10 I4 attacks, I always gave him Talons but I'm starting to think that Fists might be better. You ignore 2+ and can rip open any vehicle, sure you don't mince infantry but so what, you still murder MEQ & GEQ, just don't waste him on something crap like a unit of Guardsmen etc.

DCD with fists is cheap & nasty plus never underestimate the power of Fleet!

Dallas

Get rid of the jump packs. If your riding in a stormraven then you won't need them. If you disembark before you move the raven you may disembark normally. You can then flat-out move for the 4+jinx save. With the 50pts get 2 more DC. 10 more cc attacks.

Oh, in 6th I always take a reclusiarch. With the new rage rule and reroll hits and wounds. These guys will eviscerate anything.

Get rid of the jump packs. If your riding in a stormraven then you won't need them. If you disembark before you move the raven you may disembark normally. You can then flat-out move for the 4+jinx save. With the 50pts get 2 more DC. 10 more cc attacks.

Oh, in 6th I always take a reclusiarch. With the new rage rule and reroll hits and wounds. These guys will eviscerate anything.

alright thanks alot well ill defniatly buy another box of dc since the first one and only one iv built was more looks(i won a painting competion called brushwars with them :lol:) and they do look awsome. btw guys i got back into warhammer only 2 months ago and rember nothing iv only purcahsed a few boxes so i dont know much.

idk waht a reculsiarch is but ill have a look. sorry for my noobiness

what do you guys suggest i put on my new box of dc? i think ima try to learn to Magnitize and just magnitize everything on my new dc and maybe even take of the arms on old ones and magnitize.

also do you mean replace astroth with a reclusiarch?

Give the powerfist guys bolters. They don't get the extra attack so take advantage of relentless and give them free rapid fire weapons.

The reclusiarch is a HQ chaplain thats like 90pts cheaper than asteroth. Asteroth is jump infantry just like lamartes so they can't join non jump infantry.

Dc with jp, chain sword, and bolt pistol= 35pts. ea. Ouch, that's just the normal guy. That is a lot for no invul and AP-.

Add a pw or a pfist.$$$ death comp are expendable. You through them at your opponents death star unit or their back field to reek havoc. They draw alot of attention but kick lots of ass before they die.

So since they are riding in a SR with a dred I would for the price of asteroth and jp DC get...

HQ.

Rec. Chaplain. W/ powerfist 155

Troop

10x DC w/ 3x PF, 2 pwr swords, infernus pistol 320

I4 on charge 35 attacks (10 ap3 + 25 ap-) at S5

I1 16 attacks at S9 ap2.

Thats 51 attacks!!!

Reroll everything. :cuss

For 475pts

Compare to...

Hq

Asteroth 220

Troop

Dc w/ 5xjp, th, pfist, psword, infernus 260

I4 15 attacks @S5 (5ap3)

I1 12 attacks ap2 (8 S9 and 4 S6)

So thats 27 attacks with rerolls.

For 480 pts.

For 5 less pts you would get almost twice the damage output.

Astorath (High Chaplain) is the only take-able Chaplain or Reclusiarch (Reccie is the HQ-Chaplain). The only reason Astorath is takeable is because he lets you take more than 1 unit of DC. If you do not end up doing that, then don't take him.

Please find my thread I just posted up about "Chaplains and Economics."

You will greatly improve you DC ability through adding PowerAxes or PowerFists rather than spending those same amount of points on a Chaplain of any type.

For your HQ choice, instead select a Librarian. He can take Divination discipline from the rulebook, which the default power allows re-rolls to a unit that applies to shooting AND melee on the turn you charge AND the melee the turn after in the opponents phase! (Chaplain's rerolls only last for the charge) Also, the Librarian's weapon is AP3 rather than a Chaplain's rather worthless AP4. OH and his psychic hood helps protect you from enemy pskyers a little bit. SO Libby is much better than a Chaplain....... and did I mention also cheaper on points? Yea.

Magnetizing everything you can is a really, really great idea, especially when new to the game.

Give the powerfist guys bolters. They don't get the extra attack so take advantage of relentless and give them free rapid fire weapons.

The reclusiarch is a HQ chaplain thats like 90pts cheaper than asteroth. Asteroth is jump infantry just like lamartes so they can't join non jump infantry.

Dc with jp, chain sword, and bolt pistol= 35pts. ea. Ouch, that's just the normal guy. That is a lot for no invul and AP-.

Add a pw or a pfist.$$$ death comp are expendable. You through them at your opponents death star unit or their back field to reek havoc. They draw alot of attention but kick lots of ass before they die.

So since they are riding in a SR with a dred I would for the price of asteroth and jp DC get...

HQ.

Rec. Chaplain. W/ powerfist 155

Troop

10x DC w/ 3x PF, 2 pwr swords, infernus pistol 320

I4 on charge 35 attacks (10 ap3 + 25 ap-) at S5

I1 16 attacks at S9 ap2.

Thats 51 attacks!!!

Reroll everything. :cuss

For 475pts

Compare to...

Hq

Asteroth 220

Troop

Dc w/ 5xjp, th, pfist, psword, infernus 260

I4 15 attacks @S5 (5ap3)

I1 12 attacks ap2 (8 S9 and 4 S6)

So thats 27 attacks with rerolls.

For 480 pts.

For 5 less pts you would get almost twice the damage output.

thanks a ton great advice ill definatly have a go. if u have anymore advice for a new blood angel player please share otherwise thank you

Astorath (High Chaplain) is the only take-able Chaplain or Reclusiarch (Reccie is the HQ-Chaplain). The only reason Astorath is takeable is because he lets you take more than 1 unit of DC. If you do not end up doing that, then don't take him.

Please find my thread I just posted up about "Chaplains and Economics."

You will greatly improve you DC ability through adding PowerAxes or PowerFists rather than spending those same amount of points on a Chaplain of any type.

For your HQ choice, instead select a Librarian. He can take Divination discipline from the rulebook, which the default power allows re-rolls to a unit that applies to shooting AND melee on the turn you charge AND the melee the turn after in the opponents phase! (Chaplain's rerolls only last for the charge) Also, the Librarian's weapon is AP3 rather than a Chaplain's rather worthless AP4. OH and his psychic hood helps protect you from enemy pskyers a little bit. SO Libby is much better than a Chaplain....... and did I mention also cheaper on points? Yea.

Magnetizing everything you can is a really, really great idea, especially when new to the game.

damn if only i discovered this great community earlier i would have purchased black.reach or astrath o well.ill look at getting a libarian but i only get enough cash for like a pred in a month

No worries man-- take any marine, give him a sword, paint him blue. Instant Librarian--- ain't nobody gonna argue it. In fact, I saw on your other thread that you have a Captain model--- well, if you're not too opposed to repainting him then just use him. Because while 'normal' Space Marine Captains can be ok, the Blood Angel options got short-sheeted and frankly.... he's just not very good. So go with a Librarian--- they're like multitools, meant for buffing your army through support casting. Really good, just know that they aren't challenge-winners so try to avoid that from happening the best ya can-- even if it means refusing a challenge and having him sent to the back of combat where he won't swing. Better alive with no attacks than dead for no reason.

- CitadelArmyGuy

you seem to forget that Astorath is the only Chaplain(that I've heard of) sporting a true powerweapon, at S6, that forces opponents to re-roll successful invul saves while having 2+ save himself. His army wide rule is not only to remove the limitation on DC, but also the improved Red Thirst.

Now, with fearless actually being an advantage, he's got the best army-wide buff in our codex. Astorath has become a top priority character in the new edition.

Can't say that this is true. You need to consider that, against MEQ for example, our DC go simultaneously with enemy marines, and are more likely to be struck down than before. The Chaplain adds 4(5 if a Reclusiarch) init 5 attacks(not PW anymore, see Astorath above) and buffs the whole unit. Quantity goes over quality they say, but in the DC, you get both. Large amount of attacks with re-rolls.

Instead of packing 10 of them in a Rhino or a Droppod, or let 20 of them footslog, add a Chaplain. The losses that *will* occur won't be as hurting to the unit when you added a Chaplain before. I mean if half your guys get wiped out, you lose a great part of the unit's effectiveness when rolling average. With a chaplain, 5 guys can and prob will do the same amount of damage as 8 or 10 guys.

Never disregard the Chaplain when fielding DC.

Snorri

- CitadelArmyGuy

you seem to forget that Astorath is the only Chaplain(that I've heard of) sporting a true powerweapon, at S6, that forces opponents to re-roll successful invul saves while having 2+ save himself. His army wide rule is not only to remove the limitation on DC, but also the improved Red Thirst.

Now, with fearless actually being an advantage, he's got the best army-wide buff in our codex. Astorath has become a top priority character in the new edition.

Can't say that this is true. You need to consider that, against MEQ for example, our DC go simultaneously with enemy marines, and are more likely to be struck down than before. The Chaplain adds 4(5 if a Reclusiarch) init 5 attacks(not PW anymore, see Astorath above) and buffs the whole unit. Quantity goes over quality they say, but in the DC, you get both. Large amount of attacks with re-rolls.

Instead of packing 10 of them in a Rhino or a Droppod, or let 20 of them footslog, add a Chaplain. The losses that *will* occur won't be as hurting to the unit when you added a Chaplain before. I mean if half your guys get wiped out, you lose a great part of the unit's effectiveness when rolling average. With a chaplain, 5 guys can and prob will do the same amount of damage as 8 or 10 guys.

Never disregard the Chaplain when fielding DC.

Snorri

thanks snorri for your advice i do love reroll to hit and wound

Archived