Nobz Mobz and the killing of such....

Gideon999

Thunderfire cannons, especially with the 6th buff (now thunderfires are T7 2W 3+ Armour Save models), can deal a lot of damage to Orks.

I'm an Ork Warboss and I approve this message. Until I find the Thunderfires and krump 'em good that is.

Aside from anything else, Thunderfires outrange everything in the Ork Codex bar a Shokk Attack Gun. And I think they'll win that fight too. The rounds which take away cover saves are brilliant against them. No cover, no armour, just pick them up. I'd even reckon that subterranean rounds might be useful just to slow them up.

Thunderfire cannons, especially with the 6th buff (now thunderfires are T7 2W 3+ Armour Save models), can deal a lot of damage to Orks.

I'm an Ork Warboss and I approve this message. Until I find the Thunderfires and krump 'em good that is.

Aside from anything else, Thunderfires outrange everything in the Ork Codex bar a Shokk Attack Gun. And I think they'll win that fight too. The rounds which take away cover saves are brilliant against them. No cover, no armour, just pick them up. I'd even reckon that subterranean rounds might be useful just to slow them up.

I used them to good effect several times to wound Nob Bikerz, but for general use against Boyz, the Airburst rounds are for sure the go-to round. And now, it's more resilient to Loota fire, which was how my regular ork opponents tried to counter it.

Yeah, that sounds all-too familiar.

Nowadays, the more template weapons that you can get in a squad the better. It's certainly not going to make them run away screaming, but they might well prevent them from completing the charge. The famed 24" Waaagh! charge is a thing of the past [he says as a solitary tear rolls down his face].

In general he's correct. The Reference section of the BRB currently refers to Nobz as characters. While the description of characters suggests that they're unique models with a different profile from the rest of the squad, it also mentions squads of characters. See also: Paladins.

I wouldn't get too attached to this interpretation of Nobz though, because their profile acts quite like that of Wolf Guard who aren't characters when in a squad of characters. However that's mention in the Wolf FAQ, and the Ork FAQ mentions no such thing.

However, all is not good in Ork land:

Also, since he had two IC's in the squad, he could take a 4+ armour save or 5+ invul, then a 5+ feel no pain, then a 2+ LOS roll on the IC and chuck that wound on any nob he likes in the squad.

He's messed up the LO,S roll. A LO,S roll is made when a wound is allocated not after it's saved. In a mixed-armour unit, you allocate, Look Out, then roll for armour on the appropriate guy. In a uniform unit, you roll all the saves then allocate, then Look Out Sir. So we couldn't be passing it around after he failed the saved. Gotta stick with the result you get.

Edit: Ninja'd about 17 times!

Where are you getting your information on Wolf Guard?The Rule book has pack leaders and WG listed as characters in the reference section.

The Space Wolves FAQ, page 3, 2nd entry above FAQs

Page 86 - Wolf Guard, Pack Leaders

Add the following sentence to the end of the paragraph:

"Furthermore, a Wolf Guard Pack Leader's Unit Type becomes 'Character' in addition to it's normal type"

This would suggest that while the BRB lists them as a Characters, this is just for completion's sake, as otherwise they couldn't become Characters if they already are. It's not clear cut though, a dswanick pointed out, although I think the intention is clear.

Archived