Sanguinor

1 squad Sanguinary guard

And then, this lot is an add-on:

1 Drop Pod

5-man Assault squad

1 Storm Raven

So pictures of where I was a month ago (and still am :cuss ):

gallery_19254_1203_103449.jpg

General shot showing boxed Stormchicken, Sanguinor and Sang guard with drop-pod already semi-sprayed because I couldnt stop myself while I had got going on it.

gallery_19254_1203_35603.jpg

5-man assault squad undercoated - meltagun is one of the old lead bodies...

Current status:

Drop-pod still in pieces (tho the rest of it is now base-painted red)

Sanguinor still in his blister-pack

Sang Guard are now undercoated black

Stormchicken is still on sprues

Assault marines are now painted and took part in the Doubles Tournament at the end of June at WW. And annoyingly I still dont have any good pictures of them.

gallery_19254_1203_41406.jpg

So Sanguinor and the Sanguinary guard are now undercoated. Just with basic kit on the SG's (no IF's or fists here).

and then I got distracted by this little thing...

gallery_19254_1203_41749.jpg

Off the sprues, cleaned, magnetised, undercoated and ready for its coat of 'Go Faster Red' in 5 hrs - not too bad for me at the moment.

Tomorrow morning is spray-paint time, then playing sports and watching the olympics in the afternoon. Come on Team Chav!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got it all done the night before the holiday...

gallery_19254_1203_11894.jpg

I havent put the wings on the SG yet (though I painted them just to prove it) since I'm testing out the aesthetic for the FW MKIV jump packs which are basically the same - want to get my head round the shapes and decide if I like them or not - wings may go on at a later date if I decide I prefer them on...

Sanguinor finished, 5 SG finished. : 475 pts

Also in the picture is the Drop Pod, RAS and Stormraven that I was doing as a 2nd part but I may have ballsed it up. (didnt realise I couldnt paint both concurrently) In my defence, I said back in June that that was what my second part would be, but that'll have to be up to Captain Semper to adjudicate...

Drop Pod, RAS (P Axe, meltagun) and Stormraven (hurricane bolters, Typhoon Launcher) finished: 35, 125 and 255 pts (total 415pts)

Archived