Pre Excommunicate Traitoris Soul Drinkers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looking forward to seeing more brother! You can literally see your painting skills improving as this army progresses, so I can only foresee good things in the future!

thank you brother!

i honestly picked up a tac squad and started to paint them ultra marines (think you can still see the blue on some of them). i had all the wrong brushes, too heavy a hand and way too much paint on them, i found the B&C and was lurking in the shadows with quite a lot of malice at others skill with the brush! well the good old saying goes "if you cant beat them join them" hahaha. well as i got painting i gathered enough models to play a game though on my first game i had only 1 tactical squad poorly painted. that poorly painted smurf squad started a fire deep in my chest. After reading the Soul Drinker omnibus i was sold hook, line and sinker, and after learning that i don't play the game very well i would at least have a well painted army, i may never be a golden demon winner but that wont be because i didnt try to improve my skills. i take a lot of pride in my minis so thank you once again!

• 6 months later...

Great improvments, I love the freehand and the jet packs. The gold could use a wash and highlights.

I dont know much or anything about the Soul Drinkers. So I did some searchy. Some pretty cool fluff there. I like how they are not Chaos. and they believe that the  Imperium has betrayed everything the Emperor has stood for.

Not every renegade Chapter should be Chaos.

What Codex do you use?

I run them as C:SM, I have been told that they go well with C:SW or C:BA but in my mind they are a codex adherent chapter.

I have a really neat fluff idea for them but i want to really put time into how i present it. i am thinking about striping almost the entire army and starting over and introduce the fluff as i go along. This will be a long way off as I have started an Imperial Fist legion that I plan on having playable by the time the book comes out that supports them, I am also painting my way through the dark vengeance box set, i am also in the process of making my own 4 X 6 board so I have allot on my plate at the minute.

Archived