Whiteraven's ETL Vow

whiteraven17708

Ok so I had this all done up I hit post and It dissapeared on me so Admins please delete this one if it somehow comes back.

Here we go, This is my DIY Angels of Absolution successors "The Bulwark Legion"

1 I cannot seem to get my primed models picture off my phone so hopefully this works as my "before" picture,

primed airbrushed and black laid down

gallery_35894_7532_1570729.jpg

2 Boys in hammers

gallery_35894_7532_493894.jpg

3 Boys in claws

gallery_35894_7532_1361709.jpg

4 close up of the bases

gallery_35894_7532_1023897.jpg

5 Brother with hammer I stole this idea from catattfish on youtube Ithought it would look cool

gallery_35894_7532_1688683.jpg

6 this guy kinda looks like a genestealer :D

gallery_35894_7532_619614.jpg

7 Sarge with claws

gallery_35894_7532_1088695.jpg

8 Sarge with hammer

gallery_35894_7532_1651974.jpg

There they are any C&C are welcome I am only going for tabletop quality right now but any advice to make them better would be great.

I used ALOT of new techniques for me on this projects alot of firsts for me, first airbrushing, first edge highlighting, first wet pallette, first pinning,

first magnetizing, first custom baseing, and my first vow so be gentle :P

Sorry I could no produce more for this challenge I have 6 kids, I got married and a spine surgery since this thing started :cuss so its been busy

Sorry I could no produce more for this challenge I have 6 kids, I got married and a spine surgery since this thing started laugh.gif so its been busy

Jaw drops!!!

I think you should be congratulated for doing any at all never mind what you did with your busy life.

Congrats too on getting married and hope all went well with the surgery.

I have to say that the power effects are great - nevermind that you got the idea from catattfish - you pulled it off fantastically :D

My c&c would be limited to just tidying them up a little.

The eyes/lenses need something such as jewelling effect (check in the tutorials for how to) and then tidy up the armour colours at the edges.

The armour (bone) could do with shading/highlighting - try devlin mud or the new version.

The greys could do with black ink (well watered down) then highlighting

The bases whilst good just need a bit more attention with maybe rust effect or silver highlighting.

Of course all this may have been done and the pictures don't let us see it all :cuss

thanks! the bone is shaded in my opinion pretty good but I screwed up and did the arms seperate from the body then clear coated it now the shade dont line up lol oops I washed the greys with badab black then highlighted them... and the bases are highleted silver lol I think the new camera I bought is junk. your right on the eyes and the cleaning up part Ill havta dig around on the eyes the clean up though its wierd I airbrushed the bone on but when I went back with the exact same bottle of paint to clean it up It doesnt match!!! I was pretty upset lol I like the bases but them seem kinda plain dont they? idk seems like there should be more there but I got no ideas what to put on them that would be on a ships deck...

Nice color scheme there, good painting as well! I like the hammers and absolutely love Brother Genestealer's pose. Or maybe he just wants to give you a big fat and spiky hug!

Devlan mud or badab black would work to fill into the crevices, but it does kinda go where you paint it, so try a test somewhere and try to paint it into the cracks - it'll dry splotchy on open areas. Alternately (or, additionally) you could mix up a lighter color or very carefully highlight with straight Skull White.

Sorry I could no produce more for this challenge I have 6 kids, I got married and a spine surgery since this thing started ;) so its been busy

:) wait a minute, what? ;)

You sir are a true hero of the 1st Legion! I hope you're recovering well after the surgery - I sympathize as my wife underwent spinal surgery last year too!

On topic, it seems to me that you completed your vow! If so please report your completion to the official thread adding a link to this one so I can update the relevant tables. Excellent work with the lightning effect (I think Bryan Blair used a similar technique using warm colors) and the idea of a successor of a successor is intriguing! Love the bases too.

My favorite guy? The genestealer wannabe! :lol:

Well done whiteraven and a speedy recovery!

They look ace. I like the colour scheme and the green power weapon effect works really well with it. Congrats on your vow and best of luck with both recovery and marriage.

Cheers

I

Archived