Assault Terminators or Sanguinary Guard?

jadebullet

One other thing, don't forget that terminators can deep strike via teleport. I usually like to drop pod a furioso right into my enemy's face in turn 1, and putting a locater beacon on it (or teleport homer? i forget), gets your terminators in their face reliably when they deep strike. At the very least it gets your opponent firing on your furioso and drop pod and not your troops/transports.

ye but if i bring a storm raven it means i can drop both in the 2nd or 3rd turn and assault as i drop because storm raven is a assault vechile but i do like the idea of the locator beacon and the furioso drop pod it means the enmy wotn know what to kill first coz they screwed either way xD

im also gonna buy a box of assault termies or sangunary guard. if i do buy sangunary ill buy dante at the same time. ill probaly rol a d3 on it <_<. anyway if i do buy assault termies should i just do all th/ss or waht?

I'd strongly go for all TH-SS but sometimes I run the Sgt with LC just for challenges. However, PRO-TIP: If you ever buy a Terminator Librarian and modify him with a stormshield then the whole unit will have identical saves, which means you can "Look Out Sir" after you roll all saves-- slightly stronger than having to make LoS rolls before taking saves (which a 'mixed saves' unit must do)

One other thing, don't forget that terminators can deep strike via teleport. I usually like to drop pod a furioso right into my enemy's face in turn 1, and putting a locater beacon on it (or teleport homer? i forget), gets your terminators in their face reliably when they deep strike. At the very least it gets your opponent firing on your furioso and drop pod and not your troops/transports.

ye but if i bring a storm raven it means i can drop both in the 2nd or 3rd turn and assault as i drop because storm raven is a assault vechile but i do like the idea of the locator beacon and the furioso drop pod it means the enmy wotn know what to kill first coz they screwed either way xD

im also gonna buy a box of assault termies or sangunary guard. if i do buy sangunary ill buy dante at the same time. ill probaly rol a d3 on it :wacko:. anyway if i do buy assault termies should i just do all th/ss or waht?

I'd strongly go for all TH-SS but sometimes I run the Sgt with LC just for challenges. However, PRO-TIP: If you ever buy a Terminator Librarian and modify him with a stormshield then the whole unit will have identical saves, which means you can "Look Out Sir" after you roll all saves-- slightly stronger than having to make LoS rolls before taking saves (which a 'mixed saves' unit must do)

alright thnx and id take e thss with sgt anyway necause less chance dieing.to like gazgul

The points for the Stormraven is 246 including searchlight, extra armour and hurricane bolters almost a LR but the Stromraven is much more dangerous. You can take a LR and slowly crawl across the board, be totally predictable or take a Stormraven to hold the terminators back till T2 or T3. If the terminators were in a Land Raider they weren't going to get out any sooner than T2 or T3 anyway. This gives the bikes and devastators time to remove Stormraven threats and break open some transports for the termies. That Stormraven can be almost anywhere and in assault on the turn it enters play. Your opponent will not like that. You can always jump a shot up low model SG back into the Stormraven after letting out the terminators for fast objective snatching across the board. You cant throw jump packers in a land raider or move them as quickly. The raven matches the Sanguinary Guard playstyle better than a land raider :HS:

The stormraven (or rather its passengers) cannot assault the turn it enters play. It can unload on turn 2, but then the passengers still cannot assault that turn. I am not saying I would take a landraider over a stromraven everytime, buy if they are the same price, the landraider is very viable. On turn 1, it moves 12" and flat out 6" (18"). Next turn, it moves 6 more, and then unloads termies for 6" (12"). This gives it a turn 2 threat range of 30", not counting the actual charge roll. This makes a turn 2 charge a very viable possibility (granted it won't be much of a surprise where you are going).

A stromraven can move 36" the turn it comes in (on turn 2 at the earliest), but then it can only move 6" and then unload 6" (12"). So again, your enemy knows where you are going, and has a turn to react, just like in the landraider, except the passengers cannot possible charge before turn 3.

Personally, I would say that if you were going to pay the same price, unless you were going to take a dread along for the ride, go with the landraider.

The points for the Stormraven is 246 including searchlight, extra armour and hurricane bolters almost a LR but the Stromraven is much more dangerous. You can take a LR and slowly crawl across the board, be totally predictable or take a Stormraven to hold the terminators back till T2 or T3. If the terminators were in a Land Raider they weren't going to get out any sooner than T2 or T3 anyway. This gives the bikes and devastators time to remove Stormraven threats and break open some transports for the termies. That Stormraven can be almost anywhere and in assault on the turn it enters play. Your opponent will not like that. You can always jump a shot up low model SG back into the Stormraven after letting out the terminators for fast objective snatching across the board. You cant throw jump packers in a land raider or move them as quickly. The raven matches the Sanguinary Guard playstyle better than a land raider :)

The stormraven (or rather its passengers) cannot assault the turn it enters play. It can unload on turn 2, but then the passengers still cannot assault that turn. I am not saying I would take a landraider over a stromraven everytime, buy if they are the same price, the landraider is very viable. On turn 1, it moves 12" and flat out 6" (18"). Next turn, it moves 6 more, and then unloads termies for 6" (12"). This gives it a turn 2 threat range of 30", not counting the actual charge roll. This makes a turn 2 charge a very viable possibility (granted it won't be much of a surprise where you are going).

A stromraven can move 36" the turn it comes in (on turn 2 at the earliest), but then it can only move 6" and then unload 6" (12"). So again, your enemy knows where you are going, and has a turn to react, just like in the landraider, except the passengers cannot possible charge before turn 3.

Personally, I would say that if you were going to pay the same price, unless you were going to take a dread along for the ride, go with the landraider.

it can assault the.turn it enters brcause you chose whether you go hover or zoom and hover is 18" not 6 and its a assault veachile

We are talking terminators here so plus the 2 inch disembark move plus the model base width on a terminator and then there is always the chance of using a fleet death company dreadnaught and their base is a nice big one :(

Nothing wrong with choosing to zoom the turn you enter unloading 3 blood strikes (remember POTMS) the assault cannon and the melta and getting out the next turn either. Did you bring hurricane bolters ? plenty of support in that lot for your termies or Sang guard. Either way Sanguard or termies can ride in a raven plus the raven carries a dread which can be matched to support the squad in it. Hammer (fists) or slice and dice (talons). Random charge length a problem ? I am putting a magna grapple on my DC dread now and matching it with termies to optimise RCL problems. Can sang guard ride in a land raider? can a raider bring a dread to the party?

We are talking terminators here so plus the 2 inch disembark move plus the model base width on a terminator and then there is always the chance of using a fleet death company dreadnaught and their base is a nice big one ;)

Check the new Disembark rules--- the whole base of the model must be within 6" of the disembark point. SO all models have equal unloading-assault range out of an Assault Vehicle.

Archived