Aegis and Tower guns work how now?

Morticon

Can anyone tell me where to find the rules on how to operate the guns that come with the aegis, or on the bastion? Cause im stumped.

I just cant find rules to say how the gun is operated.

Im assuming its like an artillery piece- but no rules to back that up.

Any other thoughts?

And can your enemy use them?

And if theyre shot at can wounds carry over to who is manning it ?!

:)

so befuddled.

If your buy the guns as upgrade for the Aegis Line they function as described on pag. 105 namely T7, W2, 3+ armour save model (it has a 4++ cover safe from being behind aegis line)

The weapons on the Bastion's roof are somehow more controversial.

Some players say they are part of the building, thus they cannot be targeted but destroyed by rolling on buildings damage table, others say they function as above (with a 3++ cover coming from the fortification, of course .

EDIT:

I forgot to mention how they are operated. In the first case you must have a model in base contact. See pag 105.

In the second case it depends on how they are considered. If part of the building you must have a model inside the building, if not they are operated as above.

If the weapons are part of the fortifications you bought they can also function via automatic fire (BS2)

Odd that - since the bastions weapons are referred to in the same manner as the aegis "emplacement" etc.

I dont foresee it being a problem in circles here - but thanks for the heads up!

There is an argument over Emplaced Gun (on Fortification such as Bastion and Tower of Redemption) and Gun Emplacements (such as the Quad Gun with the Aegis or seperate Bastion purchase). In the Tyranid FAQ it says that they cannot use Emplaced Guns but it doesnt say anything about Gun Emplacements which as proven above follow seperate rules.

Archived