1850 tourney

SeattleDV8

I played in my first 6th ed. tourney yesterday, 1850 with the Nova open rules (main objective, and two tie breakers)

My list was

Belail; TH/SS and APO upgrade.

4 Terminator squads ; 3X TH/SS, TH/SS+cyclone, and a SB/PF

I allied with Tau

Commander in a Crisis suit , TL Missile Pod, Shield Generator, 2 shield Drones, and Blacksun filter

2 Bodyguards TL Missile pods, Targeting array

3 Crisis suits TL Missile Pods, flamer , a Blacksun filter and a gun drone.

3 Broadsides TL Railguns, TL Plasma guns, Multi tracker and a Blacksun Filter

9 Fire Warriors

First match was Table Quarters, Dawn of war against SW roughly a Land Raider, 2 vindcators, Beorn (dread) long fangs with missiles, a couple squads of Grey Hunters and 'command squad' with beefy HQ and Iron Priest.

Game started strong for me Beorn and the Vindys died early and were never a factor, shot one squad of Hunters off the table.

The middle round saw him bounce back, almost all of his shooting did manage to kill a termy squad. A strong assault from the 'command squad killed another and the Tau Suits.

He caused both the broadsides and the fire warriors to fall back from shooting, the Warriors left the table the broadsides regrouped.

The 4th though 6th turns turned back in my favor, I assaulted and killed the Long Fangs and the Grey Hunters, my broadsides and command suits killed the command squad.

He ended up with a untouched Land Raider. I held 3 quarters , 2 objectives and won KPs 9-5

Round two was objectives vs a Chaos daemon/ SM list ....crazy list Fateweaver, Lord of Change and 3 Princes ,5 flying Monsterous creatures, vector strikes, and lots of shooting attacks.

Very hard to strike back although I did get Fateweaver to one wound along withone prince.

The down side was he only had 3 troops, 2 small squads of horrors and one of marines.

Between shooting and assaults (Suits assaulting horrors!) they were gone by turn 3.

I just had to hold on and keep making saves.

The game ended on turn 5, with Terminators holding 3 objectives.

Last game was KP vs Guard / SM, he had 3 vendettas a storm talon, 2 Leman russ tanks, Thunderfire cannon, snipers, and IG troops.

Tanks died to the broadsides by turn 3, his troops by turn 5, the StormTalon was downed by the Firewarriors ( 18 ST5 snap shots)

Game ended with him having 3 flyers (two on the table) I had only lost one KP.

I was the only one with 3 victorys and took first.

Congrats on the win, it's great to hear DW are still good in 6th, even if they need some shooty help from drity xenos ;)

Any pics of your DW? As you are a masterful painter I'm sure more than a few of the brothers here would be keen on a look.

stobz

Many congrats on the tourny ;). Great looking purple DW too. Tau seem a good fit with DA Deathwing as one army can shoot while the other soak up shots and assault. Nice to see them working together so symbiotically.

Any "Allies of Convenience" issues?

Cheers

I

Not really, seemed to click together well.

Lots and lots of twin linked shots helps a great deal, especially against Flyers.

Also the Crisis suits were doing the 'shoot and scoot' leaving only 2+ armour to be shot at.

Archived