Dark Angels Sternguard [codex: SM]

Brother Caliban

As with many I abandoned the Codex: Dark Angels a time ago. Whilst I hold no criticism to those who still play the book I had long forgone the book for something which felt at least a little more capable with 5th Ed. I am neither a fan of both books but some units have a place and a time, fluffy or not Sternguard seem too good to ignore. Here are the beginnings of my take on a Dark Angels version.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/Andrew_K2008/40k/stern_01.jpg

Looking good!

Nice to see a vintage bolter there on the second-from-the-right guy. The stock still attached too!

He's old and very stubborn.

Looks like a good starting point.

Its just a pity that the Dark Angels Chapter doesn't include any Sternguard... :P

I blame GW for pissing all over the Dark Angels in 5th and giving us a crap codex with no options and little flavor. I salute all players who choose to play Emerald Angels (or whatever from C:SM). The only down side is that this reinforces the mistaken belief by many players that DA should just be folded into the C:SM.

My hopes are very high for the next DA codex. It better have marines riding giant mechanical lions that combine into a giant Dreadknight!

My hopes are very high for the next DA codex. It better have marines riding giant mechanical lions that combine into a giant Dreadknight!

I feel like that's idiot-proof sarcasm with the addition of the outlandish Voltron reference (or something of that nature), but I figured I'd note it anyway before someone tells you that you are nuts.

Squad looks nice Brother Caliban. I'm sure you'll be back to using a proper DA codex soon enough :P

I simply indulged brother Tamwulf's imagination on a darkangel/mechanical Lion Dreadknight as seen below in the quote.

You mean you or someone has actually built that – with a lion's head? If so I don't know whether to faint in amazement at the skill or shock at the thought of it :P. Nice paint job though :D

Dont like the model of the DK,looks silly (IMHO). A terminator riding a terminator... But if i received one as gift, yeah maybe i would modify it. But i would never buy one eva.

Brother Calliban any updates on the sternguard? I think they will look pretty nice :D

Archived