Space Marine Archangel Legion

neo06660

Hi,

I am planning to build a new chapter called the archangel legion. I know there is an official archangel chapter which is a 2nd founding of the blood angels. I like the fluff about this chapter but i don't like the color scheme since I will use detailed shoulder pads. In fact i want them to look more like real angels. They ll be off course winged, as mentionned in the description. I ll eventually do some modifications to this army description (add details) but it will essentially be the same

So my problem here is that i don't have a clear idea of the color scheme i'll use.

I would like to use white (for wings) and maybe silver and gold or maybe not. I want them to look holy but also fearsome.

Most of their build will be based on assault marine (legs), blood angels (shoulder pads -> angels and holy water drops + weapons) and grey knights (weapons) and shoulders.

I would like to have some ideas for color schemes please.

My startup idea was: Black shoulder with golden trims, eagle and head with a blueish white body, with kommando->white wings.

But with that setup, how do i make the captain to get out of the mass? i don t know.

I would like to use blue maybe. For sure blue water drops might get present on the armor and power weapon might be blue... or green ? :\

Well i am wating for you suggestions.

I ll post the conversion for the main character shortly, i'm still waiting for the bitz to get in.

Hi guys,

here comes 4 suggestion out of the SM painter for this Archangel Legion. Please tell me what you think.

gallery_63842_7242_43945.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_8285.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_50709.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_56644.jpg

If you have any suggestions, add them please, i am totally open, i just want to have the best shot.

Thanks a lot.

BTW, my 6800 pts smurfs are still on the way....i just also want to work on other stuff. I'm also building a big boyz green tide, but you aint going to see it here :P

if you want to see some of my other stuff, go there:

.... it's a good start

Thanks guy for answering, i really apreciate.

I think i like version 2 better also, and i ll somehow keep the suggestion for veterancy and regular troop.

As soon my stuff comes in, i ll assemble the main character or something like this. I ll give a follow when works goes forward.

Don't forget to look at my 6800pts Smurf marines WIP: there, I just finished my smurf librarian in TDA.

If you want to see my video showcases, you can go on my Youtube Showcase page. You may find some other smurfs/orks for now.

see yaaaa

Hi guys,

I got my stuff for the Archangel Legion Test.

I ll do it simple, here it is. Not finished yet but a glimps of what it will look like.

gallery_63842_7242_277848.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_1311845.jpg

I would like to have your comment.

For the painting, i'm kinda screwed since there is no trim on the shoulder pads. and i'm asking myself what color for the wings, and for the wings of the angel on the shoulders

I can keep them black like the eagle on the chest or put them all white? Sure thing is that every pairs of wing on the armor must be the same color.

I need your advices. Thank you.

BTW, this chapter's symbol is the angel on the left shoulder, so they will all have custom shoulders like that.

Looks pretty awesome. If you are going with option 2, some purple spot color would look awesome with that scheme... a dark imperial purple, like the Roman Praetorians wore. Just a thought. Are those wings from the Dark Eldar kit?

Looks pretty awesome. If you are going with option 2, some purple spot color would look awesome with that scheme... a dark imperial purple, like the Roman Praetorians wore. Just a thought. Are those wings from the Dark Eldar kit?

Yep, scourges, pretty cool they fit really well and the size is quite good. I think they look much better than the blood angel sanguinors....

Hey guys,

Here is the archangel legion captain (something like that...) on his base

gallery_63842_7242_631496.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_434384.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_769824.jpg

gallery_63842_7242_115429.jpg

*** Note that the painted rocky base is only my standard display stand used for the purpose of the picture and is not part of the work ***

• 2 weeks later...

First, I really like what you've done here and your painting is top notch.

I have only a few small criticisms;

1.) His torso, legs, and wings all say he's jumping straight forward, but his head and arms are at an almost 90 degree turn from where his momentum is going and it gives the model and awkward 'mortal' feel. Whereas when I envision angels its perfection and they are almost omnipotent and immune to blunders like running the wrong way :jaw:

2.) Similar in concept to my first critique I think the choice of head and the blue of the armor really bring him down to earth for me. I think sticking to gold, white, and black would have made him more heavenly while maintaining his more deadly nature. As for the head either modified Sanguinary Guard or DA with the hood extended and the face removed similar to Tyrael from D3 would make this model more epic than it already is.

When I read the first post Tyrael is the first thing I thought of.

Again amazing model and paint job

First, I really like what you've done here and your painting is top notch.

I have only a few small criticisms;

1.) His torso, legs, and wings all say he's jumping straight forward, but his head and arms are at an almost 90 degree turn from where his momentum is going and it gives the model and awkward 'mortal' feel. Whereas when I envision angels its perfection and they are almost omnipotent and immune to blunders like running the wrong way :yes:

2.) Similar in concept to my first critique I think the choice of head and the blue of the armor really bring him down to earth for me. I think sticking to gold, white, and black would have made him more heavenly while maintaining his more deadly nature. As for the head either modified Sanguinary Guard or DA with the hood extended and the face removed similar to Tyrael from D3 would make this model more epic than it already is.

When I read the first post Tyrael is the first thing I thought of.

Again amazing model and paint job

First, Thanks for the comment I apreciate and I think you summarized well my impression too ( eh....)

I must admit that the white gold and black thing was my fisrt try and, i don t know why, it was not looking good. I was stuck with a problem to match the color well since the shoulder pads had no trim and to much color was looking strange. I tried a lot of things on this one....and must say this scheme was the only one which was ''satisfying'' me. Concerning the pose, i was imaginating him in a fight (the other guy aint there yet) avoiding a hit and giving a killing blow at the same time (it s like a dodge and kill), like achile in TROY at the begining of the movie.

I clearly know it s not perfect. It was more a test run to see what could be done, but I must admit that i was pretty much thinking of tyrael too when i started. I might try to do another edition of him because i m not totally satisfied on how looks (armor and colors).

In fact, i think it will in the futur be much closer to the dark angels for the robed stuff. But my problem is that there is no runing set up for those minis, and i suck at sculpting, it took me forever to do the tabard.

Archived