Dual FOC & FOC changes from characters

Rik Lightstar

So, at 2000 points you are allowed a second primary detachment, with this in mind my question is:

Do changes to a unit's FOC position due to a character in the first FOC affect those on the second?

For example:

To take 12 Dreadnoughts (Elites AND Heavy Support) do you need 2 Masters of the Forge (one for each FOC) or just one as he affects units taken from his Codex?

Likewise, Bike Mounted Captain and Bikes as Troops,

OR Logan and Wolfguard as Troops,

OR Draigo and Paladins,

OR Belial,

ETC...............................

Thoughts please,

Rik

That was my initial thought, but as you say, nothing to back it up.

The MotF entry states:

"If you include a Maste of the Forge in your army, Dreadnoughts, Venerable Dreadnoughts and Ironclad Dreadnoughts may be taken as Heavy Support choices as well as Elites choices"

Rik

Your army is all the forces you field in all of your detachments. It's not spelled out in this way in the BRB (that I can find), but it is implicit in the wording of the section on "Choosing your army", BRB, Pgs.108-114.

So anything that affects "you army" affects all the forces in all the detachments you control. Some "army-wide" rules have been errata'd to affect only forces purchased from a particular army book (ie. C:IG Orders, C:BA Sang Priest FNP, etc.), while others have not been changed. Master of the Forge is one such rule which has not been altered to affect only C:SM or forces in one detachment. So, in this case, you should be able to take 3 additional Dreadnoughts per Allied FOC by taking Space Wolves (1 HQ, 1 Elite, and 1 as HS thanks to MotF). Alternatively you can get the same thing without MotF by taking allied BA (1 Elite, 1 DC Troop, 1 HS).

Archived