DA Conversion Idea

Brother Landrain

I love the Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought from FW, in theory.

And, with the new age of FW acceptance, I plan on making them a part of my standard DW Army...

But the model, I am not 100% in love with (as a Dread), it reminds me of the old-old metal tiny Dreadnoughts, which were just not that imposing...

And really looks to me more like a truescale TDA model.

:) mmmmm... Running 100 Contempotor Dreads as a Truescale DW Army... (must hit lottery)

:)

So here I was stuck in the hospital again last week. Basically my bi-monthly getaway.. ugg

Very little choice for exciting television viewing.

The matrix trilogy was on, so I sat through it.

While the first is a great great film, the rest are only so-so.

In the third film they have these APU units that look a lot like Dreadknights.

I like the DK model, and have been looking for ways to add him to a DW army.

What I was thinking was from a conversion point...

What if I take a DK model, and replace both Arm/Weapon mounts with a set of huge Twin Assault Cannon/mini-gun mounts. And call them a Kheres AC's.

So that both Arms have these wicked looking paired mini-guns.

And on top of the Carapace, mount a modified havoc? (making it like an 8/10 barrel missle launcher mount, maybe split it and 4/4 on shoulders) from chaos vehicle sprue, as a CML, as I think a normal Cyclone would be too small to scale.

With a DW pilot, and some DW bling, this would look a lot like those APU's from Matrix #3, and those sure did have Skyfire and Interceptor :)

And thusly create a Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought, conversion from a Dreadknight.

it would be a little bit larger than a normal Contemptor Mortis dread, but I don't think that should cause any issues.

Opinions?

Second question, if I were to make such a conversion, and model it for a Diorama, What enemy unit/models do you think would be a suitable replacement for the Sentinels from the matrix?

Sentinels strike me as very Tyranid like? But I just can't visualize anything with all the tentacles...

Help appreciated.

Archived