Ave Dominus Nox... Ave Imperator

Zynk Kaladin

Zynk Kaladin: Loyalist Night Lord. The Night Angel. Die screaming, traitors.

gallery_52275_4552_34142.png

EDIT: I'm actually quite excited I finally got to post some art in the Hall of Honor! I have another picture in the works so hold on to your britches people!

Here's some freakin' sweet music to go along with it! Ave Dominus Nox!

@GrimApostle: Thanks! Hopefully someday I add some scenery to it.

@Mantras: It's a dark story full of plot holes, fluff butchering, :) science, and "huh? :evil:". I'm not the greatest story-teller and I have a lot of prettying up to do with my ideas. However, I'd be happy to share! Let me write it up.

• 4 weeks later...
He needs to be on a gargoyle...."I...AM...THE NIGHT!...I...AM...BATMAN!"

Have to wholeheartedly agree with this! The pose is VERY Batman. Which is awesome. Who doesn't love batman?

My only comment is that it would work really well with a jump-pack.

Excellent work. Keep it up!

@space wolf: Hmm... gargoyle... now there's an idea! Everyone needs a little terror (and Batman) in their lives, especially traitorous filth... :tu:

@NemFX: Yes, I need to "Night Lord" his armor up a bit more, though his personality is a wee bit different than your average midnight clad Astartes(the angelic necklace and winged sword for example). I think I was trying to convey that difference a little more than I should have. Plus, lightning bolts are flippin' sweet and I need some!

@Captain Mike: Thanks, man. I spent forever thinking up a proper stance for a Night Lord.

@BERZERKER!: Your name SCREAMS AT ME AND THANKS. Anyway, I really love jumppacks but I'm saving drawing those for my Night Angels chapter (semi-related to this dude story-wise).

I have another Night Angel, Zeke, partially done which I shall post relatively soon if I get to it. Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!

That's a cracking sketch! What I really like about it is how it conveys a sense of flexibility to the Astarte's. More often than not the way they are depicted IMO is that they are very clunky & not particularly maneuverable. Your sketch does justice to how I personally view how flexibility an Astarte's should be in his PA given that they are supposed to be agile enough to run/sprint & have lightening reflexes in battle etc.

That's a cracking sketch! What I really like about it is how it conveys a sense of flexibility to the Astarte's. More often than not the way they are depicted IMO is that they are very clunky & not particularly maneuverable. Your sketch does justice to how I personally view how flexibility an Astarte's should be in his PA given that they are supposed to be agile enough to run/sprint & have lightening reflexes in battle etc.

I whole-heartily, 100% agree. I also prefer a more lithe and maneuverable look to to Astartes power armor(a balance of armor and flexibility), letting the ceremite plates do all the damage control, not layers and layers of armor. I'll leave the layers to the termies. :tu:

I wish I was better at drawing my interpretations, though. I'm constantly blown away by what others can draw, even hulking astartes.

Archived