Death Company in 6th

Saphappysucker

I recently got 4k worth of Blood angels in a trade. I am very experienced playing Power Armor just not too well versed on the BA codex. I haven't played Blood Angels since the PDF WD codex days. I aware of most of the Codex just not too sure on the Current state of the Death Company. Should we run them in a Smaller squad for Objective clearing. building them as a CC Deathstar. What Transports should be used all of that good info.

Thanks in advance.

DC are workable any which way, though rhinos im finding have lost their appeal since it takes so long for a mounted squad to actually assault.

Try a raven, a pod or a raider!

Jump packs are great too (maybe best- but SO expensive).

DC are workable any which way, though rhinos im finding have lost their appeal since it takes so long for a mounted squad to actually assault.

Try a raven, a pod or a raider!

Jump packs are great too (maybe best- but SO expensive).

Hammer of wrath adds a new element to JP troops that (to me at least) makes JP preferable to a battle bus.

Power Axes for strength6 on the charge is really really good (especially with 5 attacks each and they aren't Sergeants so they are 'hidden')-- 2 Axes for 30pts or 1 PF for 25pts. Both are great options, always need at least one or two.

I tend to stay away from the bolters myself, yes they have relentless and that's great, but most of the time I don't dakka my target at all--- prevents failing the charge because he pulled the closest models.

As modeled all of my DC have Packs. A Few With Power Sowers. 1 or Two with a Fist, I and a Few with a Hammer. I was considering Running them Really really Aggressive so Packs and just Picking off units I crack open out of their Battle bunker/Bus. I am mostly running the army I am running as a Black Templars BA counts as. So I am taking full advantage of Maxing out Units of Assault Marines and removing Packs for Cheap vehicles so i was Considering DC, Sang guard, or Assault Terminators with Brother Curbulo as my CC unit. So thank you for the thoughts

In a squad of 5-8 DC I like to use.

2x PFs with bolters for the S9 AP2 attacks. the PFs are a must have. think about stuff like dreds, tanks, monstrous creatures and fortifications, with the fist you wound everything on a 2+ and can pen AV14 @ I1. Since I don't get a pistol bonus, the rapid-fire bolters are nice to have.

2x power swords with bolt pistols for the S5 AP3 I4 against most things S5 AP3 will work great. Take advantage of the I4 to thin out the enemy a bit.

1-4x chainsword with bolt pistol S5 AP- . Bullet catchers.

In squads of 9-12 I take.

3x PFs with bolters.

3x PSs with pistols.

3-6x chainswords with pistols.

With the new flier rules. ravens have become my favorite transport for DC. 11Dc, a rec chaplin with PF, and DC dred with BFists loaded in a raven is a big ol' can of woop-ass.

Archived