Latest DA Rumors

lost_angel

Isnt the UM codex always the first codex in each edition?

I'd say it won't be this Edition Brother,

GW have just (re)-released the digital upgrade to C:UM. No way they would have gone to all that effort to then release a totally different version. It is essentially the first now anyway :D

C:CSM and C:DA next, fo sho ;)

s

Agreed. Seems like GW have done a u-turn with their approach lately. With WD potentially a test-bed for new rules, Forgeworld now 'legal' in a tournament sense and dipping into digital products, I think there's plenty of mileage left in most 5th ed codices. Something which can only be a good thing.

Assuming the rumors above are true it raises some interesting points. For example Belial may no longer be the go-to HQ of choice (assuming DW are troops as standard). Will we see a shift towards Libbies or Int Chaplains with termie armour?

Interrogators are a great choice and quite a dueler. They have a very good stat line and that crozius everyone got nagging is pure win. I would be happy even if they stayed as they are.

GW have just (re)-released the digital upgrade to C:UM. No way they would have gone to all that effort to then release a totally different version. It is essentially the first now anyway :)

C:CSM and C:DA next, fo sho :P

s

Digital upgrade? You mean the FAQ? Or a new pdf complete with changes? I havent been up to date with those digital releases to be honest so i prob missed that.

Dont remember for the rest, but the codex we have now was the final codex of 4th edition and a pilot for the UM codex of 5th.

It was not a 5th edition codex.

Im pretty sure that chaos marines were the last 4ed dex it was released in 07. The DA dex was released in 06 and SM dex was released in 08.

Dont know for chaos but you are right on the dates on SM and DA. SM was 5th though. I am pretty sure DA was the last. Even if it wasnt, it was 4th non the less and that was my point :)

Interrogators are a great choice and quite a dueler. They have a very good stat line and that crozius everyone got nagging is pure win. I would be happy even if they stayed as they are.

GW have just (re)-released the digital upgrade to C:UM. No way they would have gone to all that effort to then release a totally different version. It is essentially the first now anyway :)

C:CSM and C:DA next, fo sho :)

s

Digital upgrade? You mean the FAQ? Or a new pdf complete with changes? I havent been up to date with those digital releases to be honest so i prob missed that.

I'm not sure of the content as I don't have an i-device and live in an unsupported country, but on the GW site today they claim to have re-released the SM digital dex. I'm assuming its a poke the 6th FAQ into it type thing.

I'm thinking there will be multiple Deathwing HQ options, all of them unlocking Deathwing as troops. So you could play a full deathwing army without Belial, which makes sense to me. He wont always be at every deathwing battle. Hopefully the same will be true for Ravenwing; you could get a very cheap ravenwing HQ on a bike that unlocks ravenwing without having to spend a ton of points on sammy.

They should bring back The Fallen rule. Roll a dice at the beginning of the game. On a 4+ one of the opposing army units might have knowledge of The Fallen. Roll a dice to determine which unit has such knowledge. Double victory points are rewarded if that unit is destroyed. (In the fluff it wont be destroyed, but captured and interrogated.) That way you get a 'The Fallen' rule that you can use every game.

I agree with no GW-model for Belial. I agree it is like a rite of passage for a Deathwing player. I can remember deciding on going with Deathwing and discovering that there is no GW-model for him. More research revealed to me that people just made their own Belial. What? Thats awesome. I can model my own special character with up to three different load outs? yes!

They should bring back The Fallen rule. Roll a dice at the beginning of the game. On a 4+ one of the opposing army units might have knowledge of The Fallen. Roll a dice to determine which unit has such knowledge. Double victory points are rewarded if that unit is destroyed. (In the fluff it wont be destroyed, but captured and interrogated.) That way you get a 'The Fallen' rule that you can use every game.

Given the 6th ed challenge rules, i could quite imaging something along these lines cropping up in our codex. It'll likely involve choosing an enemy IC and having to defeat (capture) them in CC through an issued challenge.

Al

Given the 6th ed challenge rules, i could quite imaging something along these lines cropping up in our codex. It'll likely involve choosing an enemy IC and having to defeat (capture) them in CC through an issued challenge.

Al

-Interrogator Chaplains all units within 12" are fearless, not just his own squad

Rerolls misses and wounds in challenges. Interrogator chaplains that win challenges against Independent Characters give +1 victory point in a mission that uses victory points.

C-C-C-C-COMBOOOOOOOO! Hah, an incentive like that could give me the zeal for an "AllRushMidThatManIsADeadMan" type game. Could get excited about that!

lqtm, we just can't get the digital books from GW. May be due to the lesser gravitational pull, I'm not sure.

Hell, we are supplying GW with the Hobbit, the least they could do is supply us with a purchase ability. AND NOT ON APPLE!!!! please.

:blush:

stobz

lqtm, we just can't get the digital books from GW. May be due to the lesser gravitational pull, I'm not sure.

Hell, we are supplying GW with the Hobbit, the least they could do is supply us with a purchase ability. AND NOT ON APPLE!!!! please.

:blush:

stobz

See the bright side. You will be gathering more money for the DA release ;)

Archived