Allies for our troops choice

syypher

Practical choices:

Grey Hunters, Long Fangs, Wolf Scouts, and a Rune Priest (Thunderwolf Cavalry if points permit)

Deathwing and Belial

Coteaz, Henchmen in Chimeras, Purifiers and other GK goodness

Tau Crisis Suits and Broadsides, and the piddly little Fire Warriors with Jumpers

Fun choices:

Bikes and Sammael for Double Angel Blood Rodeo (fun only because vanilla bikers do it better and cheaper)

Draigo and Paladins with Dante and Sanguinary Guard - 2+ a gogo

Not to be a wet blanket.... :confused: but I thought 'Allies Talk' was restricted to the Army List subforum as per the Bolter&Chainsword policy on non-Power Armor allies.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=255029

Even then, I could see it be edifying if we were talking specifically on how to tactically or strategically integrate IG/Tau allies into Blood Angel lists, ie how you'd employ them and what strengths they bring that a given BA-list is weak at.

But the only person who's even done that so far is Bonzi......

(PS: under the rules, the VanillaSM/DA/GK discussions are ok-- but about half of the replies are about IG...)

Fair enough, CitadelArmyGuy. For me, using IG for fire support makes fluff sense because my chapter is non-Codex-compliant and obsessed with close combat. It also suits my play style because the greater number of Guardsmen allows me to cover more angles with firepower to support the poor deluded souls with the chainswords. Specifically using the Elysian drop troopers has two reasons: one, I can put my fire support just where I want it; two, dropping my entire army DoA style, including infantry and heavy weapons, is awesome.

well, I've been considered taking some Imperial Fists or Cimson fists in my allies. I really like their fluff or Salamanders. Just sucks I sold my sternguards as useless now they would be nice to paint as crimsonfists and take Pedro Kantor with them, put them near my Libby and let 24" rapidfire special issue ammos wreck enemies... although getting ravenguard with jump packs, with Shrieke and pair them Jumppack DC and ASM's... it would have great synergy.

oh the choices. I might most likely go for Ravenguard allies suits my fast moving game style. I also hear Ward hates them :lol:

Archived