Scibor's monstrous shoulder pads

Kabal_of_Baal

I'm thinking about ordering some conversion shoulder pads from Scibor (specifically, these ones and these ones) but I have a concern. I bought his archangel a while back to use as a sanguinor, and while its a beautiful mini, its a bit larger than a standard marine by about a head. Given that the website says that these shoulder pads "fit to most of the 28mm/32mm miniatures" I'm worried that they would be comically large attached to DC and SG models.

Anyone used scibor's conversion bits and can be sure about their relative scales?

Cheers

I bought several versions of Shoulder Pads en masse from them- sorry to say that none of them fit a normal Space Marine model without looking ridiculously over-sized. They fit TDA after a lot of cleaning, as the inside of the pad is rather cramped compared to the size of the shoulder. My wife was very sad as it kinda ruined her design for her army ;)

I will say that while the detail was impeccable, the material was very brittle and hard to 'fix' for either version of Marine model. I could post pictures when I get home later if you'd like.

Thanks, man. I suspected as much ;) I know what you mean about the brittleness; cleaning the minotaurs I also bought was an absolute nightmare. Too bad about your wife's army!

If you have picture or two, that'd be much appreciated, but if it's a chore, don't worry about it :)

I bought some too. They work on PA HQ choices but are too big for regular marines.

But have a look for yourself.

; )

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/7/26/251577_md-Blood%20Angels,%20Conversion,%20Reclusiarch.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/11/8/292429_md-.JPG

Yea, those models pretty much demonstrate what I mean. I'll still post some later, unpainted on some spare bits. The problem is on normal PA, the bottom of the pad can reach almost to the wrist, depending on the model- my wife's army was supposed to have their 'lion' head variants on one shoulder pad. Seeing a normal pad next to the scibor really made the size difference apparent. It can look good on models that you have time to fuss with- she and I don't have the time at the moment to do that for 80+ models.

Thanks a bunch, thymebandit and Kardion; you've shown me exactly what I needed. I think they would be too big for what I had in mind.

Kardion, I'm curious where the big chalice-halo-scroll-blood-drop thing attached to your chaplain's (?) backpack came from.

Thanks a bunch, thymebandit and Kardion; you've shown me exactly what I needed. I think they would be too big for what I had in mind.

Kardion, I'm curious where the big chalice-halo-scroll-blood-drop thing attached to your chaplain's (?) backpack came from.

They are from The BAAL pred

The Scibor shoulder pads are crazy big, but if you shave down the top of the pads, they look pretty good on Terminators.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/New/MT3.jpg

Oops! Did I just post another image of my Mortifactors in the BA forum? Bad Koyote! Bad Koyote!

:)

Archived