Multi-part buildings

Seahawk

I swore I read somewhere in the BRB that a unit cannot be spread over different sections of a multi-part building, but for the life of me I can't find it. For context, I was thinking for the Fortress of Redemption, a unit on the roof is confined to its section (the two bunkers, the hall, or the tower) and cannot spread out over "multiple roofs".

Is that right, or can one unit spread out?

BGB page 95 says that "the battlements of a building can hold as many models of a single unit as will fit without resorting to odd balancing acts". I see nothing in the section from 92 - 97 (the Buildings section) that prevents it and the part that I quoted above seems to say that one unit can spread out. So, one unit inside and one unit on top looks good. (Bolding is as per the book.)

That's what I found too. With the Fortress, it'd be easy to have a large mob spread over the top of 3 buildings since they are all connected, then have three separate units cowering inside the three parts. Does that sound right?

BGB page 95 says that "the battlements of a building can hold as many models of a single unit as will fit without resorting to odd balancing acts". I see nothing in the section from 92 - 97 (the Buildings section) that prevents it and the part that I quoted above seems to say that one unit can spread out. So, one unit inside and one unit on top looks good. (Bolding is as per the book.)

Then, in the very next sentence:

"However, the whole unit must fit in order for it to occupy the battlement.", BRB, Pg.95

So, no, a unit must be able to fully fit into a single buildings battlement for the unit to occupy it.

Each section of a large, multipart building can hold on unit within and one unit on its battlements. But the whole unit must fit, just like the whole unit must either be embarked in a transport, or not at all.

So...

Say that unit can entirely fit on each singular part of the Fortress of Redemption. The wording above still doesn't seem to limit where it can stand, as the limitation only states that they need to be able to fit. Well, they fulfill that criteria, so then they are allowed spread out. It's still only a single unit on each of the battlements, and, were the unit to condense, they will fit on each singular piece.

I'd assume it falls under the rules of transport vehicles then? One unit per transport? Don't have my rulebook on me but I'd assume so.

While we're on the topic, do the top of each section of the Fortress of Redemption count as a battlement? or all as one? (3 Battlements or 1 on a Fortress?)

While we're on the topic, do the top of each section of the Fortress of Redemption count as a battlement? or all as one? (3 Battlements or 1 on a Fortress?)
Page 97; there are 4 battlements on the Fortress (though only 3 are adjacent).

Awesome. Also, I found it...

"All of the normal rules apply,so only one Infantry unit, plus any Independent Characters that have joined them, may occupy a building at one time."

Followed by...

"treat it as two or more smaller buildings joined together."

(BRB Page 92)

Thus each section is a separate building, which only one unit can enter.

Edit: I can't spell

Archived