Hammers and Claws

Just have to remember that Hammernators are a counter to other terminators and MCs, something that LC terminators can't do since they bounce off high toughness or 2+ saves and get murdered by ap2/MCs/DCCW/Warscytes/Boneswords (at least tacticals can stay away and shoot).

In exchange, they murder medium infantry so the question is: Does your list need more anti-medium infantry at the expense of anti-heavy? The answer is usually no. That being said, adding one or two to a unit to pump up the attacks can be worthwhile.

The buff to 2+ saves helped LC terminators a lot, but the nerf to LCs made them a fair bit less desirable too. Overall, they're probably not much more desirable than in 5th and it was only Templars who were fielding them then, because of the cheap furious charge. For BA with a priest, it may well be worth fielding a few, but not much more than a few and certainly not a whole unit.

The theory is, lcs hit first and kill before they can be hurt

But they don't, they hit simultaneously. The major reason we BA used some claws instead of all hammers like everyone else was the +1 I from FC which is now gone.

Hammers or tacticals is they way to go in 6th, with the possible exception of the sergeant.

But they don't, they hit simultaneously. The major reason we BA used some claws instead of all hammers like everyone else was the +1 I from FC which is now gone.

Hammers or tacticals is they way to go in 6th, with the possible exception of the sergeant.

That should probably be phrased as: LC's hit first and kill anything that can kill them.

Which is hammers, fists and axes. Dreads are a problem, but you shouldn't be charging them.

That should probably be phrased as: LC's hit first and kill anything that can kill them.

Which is hammers, fists and axes. Dreads are a problem, but you shouldn't be charging them.

Against anything not wearing termie/artificer armour (or anything else with 2+) a LC can be very worthwile, but if you get stuck in against TH/SS termies your LC's are screwed!

Why would anyone use LC Terminators versus TH/SS Terminators?

LC Terminatos would shred everything 3+. We all know that.

The way to beat TH/SS Terminators would be massed plasma shooting. But this thread was created to discuss LC Terminators and what good they would be. Even TH/SS Terminators have a hard time with other TH/SS Terminators.

Honestly, in a hypothetical situation, putting a unit up against another unit that would most likely destroy them isn't very productive.

The way to beat TH/SS Terminators would be massed plasma shooting.

I'd say it's volume of fire/attacks, and claws don't help with that since they will strike at the same time and doesn't improve the squads survivability.

Not directed specifically at you but terminators aren't that agile. Large models, huge squad footprint, needs a transport. It's fair to assume that you won't be able to pick your fights as you please.

As mentioned above I also believe in taking a few extra models. The minimum 5 doesn't quite cut it.

I forgot to mention, I always transport them in a Stormraven with attached libby and priest, which lets my pick at least my first fight. If you want to teleport or even footslog, of course you would want a higher body count.

I assume that your priest and libby are NOT in TDA, because that would exceed the transport capacity of the stormraven, right?

I forgot to mention, I always transport them in a Stormraven with attached libby and priest, which lets my pick at least my first fight. If you want to teleport or even footslog, of course you would want a higher body count.

I assume that your priest and libby are NOT in TDA, because that would exceed the transport capacity of the stormraven, right?

yes of course :P since characters can't be picked out now and you always have the termie-sarge to accept challenges, they are a lot more durable now anyway.

Archived