Squad of Fallen?

rpnightsend

So I wanted to field some Death Company with my Dark Angels, but use them as part of my Dark Angels force (they aren't ACTUALLY allied Blood Angels, just units in the army).

Anyways, I was wondering if, especially in a time of extreme danger, the Dark Angels would bring a squad of penitent Fallen (who were yet to be executed) out to fight for them (represented here as my Death Company) with Lemartes leading I'd say that he's an interrogator chaplain watching them.

I'm guessing no, but I think it'd be an interest fluff thing, even if it only happened once.

Since the Fallen stretch from being repentant to the DA to serving the Dark Gods you have room to work with.

What you could do is something similar to the LotD except with Fallen Angels. A small group of loyal Fallen has come together to support their brothers on the battlefield where they need it most.

Since the Fallen stretch from being repentant to the DA to serving the Dark Gods you have room to work with.

What you could do is something similar to the LotD except with Fallen Angels. A small group of loyal Fallen has come together to support their brothers on the battlefield where they need it most.

This, I'd fluff them as unwanted allies, Fallen who consider themselves still loyal.

Well, from my point of view, Fallen Angels fell under the direction of Luther. They had their own beliefs in what they did and why they did it. Third edition C:DA had an interesting extract of a chaplain´s interrogation of a fallen angel. If only I could remember what the traitor said, but I do know that he talked about Cypher and the sword he bears, and the willing of reforge it in order to make Lion´el Johnson came back...

Any way, the traitor was laughing at the face of the chaplain... just before dying.

Another interesting thing is that any DA chaplain who achieves a fallen repent gains a black pearl for his rosarium, and Asmodai has only two of them...

In conclussion, I don´t think DA allow them to live; but if they did, there would be so few of them that would make it be unworthy. Even more, would you rely in a brother who betrayed his primarch himself?? Remember that the defences of Caliban shot the ships where his brothers and father were.

Imperium (and its servants, including Space Marines) is not tolerant at all whit loyalist, why should it be whith traitors??

Greetings from Madrid.

Eh, regardless of whether or not the Fallen are still loyal to the Imperium (and in what form, since Astelan was supposedly loyal as well, in his eyes at least), they're still Fallen and still a stain upon the Legion's honour. Capturing them would probably take priority on a battlefield.

You don't see any of the Raven Guard throw their abominations into the fray when they know they're fighting alongside another chapter, do they?

Hm... do they actually still get abominations once in a while or did they manage to fix that?

Additionally, it is exceedingly rare already for more than one of the Fallen to be anywhere near each-other, either in location or in time, let alone both.

and Asmodai has only two of them...

The ones he'd capture know of his reputation and would rather die than be captured, thus the low number of pearls on his.

Eh, regardless of whether or not the Fallen are still loyal to the Imperium

they may be loyal but for Dark Angels they are traitors and are only treated as such. Ther's NO WAY they could use them as allies.

This just does not make any sense and it would totally reverse what DA are fighting for.

Well, from my point of view, Fallen Angels fell under the direction of Luther. They had their own beliefs in what they did and why they did it. Third edition C:DA had an interesting extract of a chaplain´s interrogation of a fallen angel. If only I could remember what the traitor said, but I do know that he talked about Cypher and the sword he bears, and the willing of reforge it in order to make Lion´el Johnson came back...

Any way, the traitor was laughing at the face of the chaplain... just before dying.

Could that be Asmodai interrogating a chaos space marine (fallen) from the eye of terror book?

I think it also had the quote: It is my duty to save your soul from the chaos gods even if it kills you in the process.

How about a squad of loyalist sucked into the warp with the fallen? Say they were in close combat with the Fallen when the warp storm hit...

Alternatively, in the middle of the battle a squad shows up. Help out the DA. Its only after the battle that the DA realize that squad was Fallen/loyalist from HH...

So it begins. Release a few publications with Cypher parading as a good guy, and suddenly people think the Fallen are cool. Next thing you know it, we'll have this corner of the forums flooded with new guys asking about Cypher Fallen lists when the guy gets released in C:DA 6th Ed, because he's "oh so aweshum!" and has such stupidly overpowered rules. Way to boil a frog, gee dubya.

Ahem. The Dark Angels, inheritors of the original name of the 1st Legion and leaders of the Hunt for those who betrayed the Lion as befits their snake-like natures of treacherous snake-like snakes that slither in the dark like evil snakes that betray (this is important!), would probably not don the Fallen they capture in arms and armor regardless of how satisfied they were with their penance. There might, however, exist a successor chapter that does. That's where you come in. :lol:

So it begins. Release a few publications with Cypher parading as a good guy, and suddenly people think the Fallen are cool. Next thing you know it, we'll have this corner of the forums flooded with new guys asking about Cypher Fallen lists when the guy gets released in C:DA 6th Ed, because he's "oh so aweshum!" and has such stupidly overpowered rules. Way to boil a frog, gee dubya.

Ahem. The Dark Angels, inheritors of the original name of the 1st Legion and leaders of the Hunt for those who betrayed the Lion as befits their snake-like natures of treacherous snake-like snakes that slither in the dark like evil snakes that betray (this is important!), would probably not don the Fallen they capture in arms and armor regardless of how satisfied they were with their penance. There might, however, exist a successor chapter that does. That's where you come in. :P

AOouch...Quite brutal! I dont find the idea appealing but you dropped a bucket of mud there WatchCaptainAzrael. Hahahaha ;)

Cypher was always a cool guy IMHO (fluff/character wise) and although he seems like evil, we simply dont know.

OFC as a DA loyalist i am all BURN THE HERETIC!!! But thats another matter.

Ahem. The Dark Angels, inheritors of the original name of the 1st Legion and leaders of the Hunt for those who betrayed the Lion as befits their snake-like natures of treacherous snake-like snakes that slither in the dark like evil snakes that betray (this is important!), would probably not don the Fallen they capture in arms and armor regardless of how satisfied they were with their penance. There might, however, exist a successor chapter that does. That's where you come in. :)

Hope that wasn't directed at me. I've been playing DA for years.

Anyways, i was thinking of them being used in an extreme circumstance. "The Rock is under attack, and we have these 5 penitent fallen here we were about to kill. Get Asmodai and give them some weapons. They won't survive the battle anyways." I realize thats an incredibly contrived scenario, but something along those lines.

the other ideas look good too. A successor chapter that sends repentant Fallen on suicide missions, or a squad of Fallen acting like Legion of the Damned and leaving before they're noticed/come into contact with the DA.

Great ideas guys!

As far as I am aware, though, this is impossible due to them being executed as soon as they repent.

I think that they would be more inclined to ally with Xenos or Chaos before using the Fallen.

As for Cypher is a good guy, psshhhh, lies and heresies from our fallen brothers, do not believe a word they say!

I don't know.. would I have reason to direct it at you, frater..? Tell me.. you haven't been involved in any travels through space and time lately have you..? :)

Don't mind me, just channeling my overall dislike of recent Black Library publications and concocting marketing scheme conspiracies based on said publications.

With that said, I heartily encourage you to craft your own successor chapter that utilizes the Fallen in such a way, as it will 1) be something you can really call your own, 2) not be dependent on contrived scenarios to justify from a narrative standpoint if you enjoy adding narratives to your games, 3) you can give us another slice of delicious Legioncake.

Don't mind me, just channeling my overall dislike of recent Black Library publications and concocting marketing scheme conspiracies based on said publications.

With that said, I heartily encourage you to craft your own successor chapter that utilizes the Fallen in such a way, as it will 1) be something you can really call your own, 2) not be dependent on contrived scenarios to justify from a narrative standpoint if you enjoy adding narratives to your games, 3) you can give us another slice of delicious Legioncake.

I think I'll go with them being more like Legion of the Damned, showing up and fighting for their former allies, and then disappearing mysteriously before they can be captures/questioned/shot at. I could definitely seeing a group of non-chaos fallen doing that to help their former allies, and coming late/leaving early because they know the Dark Angels are out to get them even if they show up to help.

I don't know.. would I have reason to direct it at you, frater..? Tell me.. you haven't been involved in any travels through space and time lately have you..? ^_^

Just been swatting some Tyranids. No warp travel while they're nearby.

Archived