daemon Qs

greatcrusade08

so ive been looking through some daemon rules and im a little confused on a couple of points.

firstly a daemons save is invulnerable right? so what if a herald takes iron hide, does he get a 3+ inv save?

is the masque an independant character, she doesnt have the rule in her entry (that i can see) does that mean she cant join units?

The save on the profile indicates an invulnerable save. Any save thereafter is just an armour save.

does that mean things like bloodcrushers have a 3+ inv as its on thier profile?

Masque isn't an IC, so no joining.

is what i thought, but best to check these things

Whatever you do don't ask about the WD rules update ... :(

ive got that infront of me, im liking the new flamer of tzeench rules :devil:

Bloodcrushers only have a 5+ save on their profile, which is invulnerable.

Depending on your point of view, the new daemon minis have no invulnerable save though, as only models with a save on their profile have one and the new Flamers don't...

The save on the profile indicates an invulnerable save. Any save thereafter is just an armour save.

does that mean things like bloodcrushers have a 3+ inv as its on thier profile?

Well it says 5+ in the BGB profiles, I'd imagine it has a 3+/5++ then.

In the daemon codex, the save on their profile is their invulnerable save, and wargear can give them a normal armor save (as invulnerable's is what daemon's are all about).

However recently GW have only been putting the normal save on the profile (for example, closest codex to hand is GK: Draigo has 2+ 3++ and 5++ and his profile only says 2+, crusaders have stormshields but 5+ on their profile). Even lillith Hesperax has a 6+ save on her profile, while she has a 4++ as standard *quicksilver dodge*.

So my reasoning for the newer daemons, as they are daemons, they have a 5++ even though their profile has nothing. I do feel that the tzeentch daemons should have a 4++ as that is an unwritten rule of 40k chaos at least (not too sure about warhammer chaos), but as it isn't written anywhere, i would assume a 5++.

Archived