Couple of Qs

Cacodemon

Hello!

I'm building up an army for the coming Dark Angels release, but I have couple of questions:

1. Are there any Dark Angels successor chapters that follow the Codex Astartes insignia? I have a squad of AOBR Space Marines and as they have moulded tactical markings on their shoulder pads which can't easily be replaced, so I was wondering...

2. Angels of Vigilance are sometimes suggested to originate from the Dark Angels. But what is their main colour? It looks like dull yellow to me, but somewhere it's mentioned being gold.

3. This is bit of a speculative question as the Codex is yet to come. But, do you think Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts will be Elites or Heavy Support in the Force Organization Chart? I'm looking to field Devastator Squads, so if Mortis' are Heavy Support they don't fit in.

Hello Cacodemon.

Guess none of the existing (or better none of the official GW created successors) is following the Codex Astartes insignia.

I got some AoBR Marines myself and I just filed off the tac.symbols. But you can also create your own successor chapter which act in accordance with the CAI.

1. Are there any Dark Angels successor chapters that follow the Codex Astartes insignia? I have a squad of AOBR Space Marines and as they have moulded tactical markings on their shoulder pads which can't easily be replaced, so I was wondering...

I'd say pick your successor based on whether you like their backstory rather than whether they "officially" use single or double-headed tactical symbols :(. You can use whatever markings you want, chapter symbols aside, so go with whatever you like/is easiest to manage.

3. This is bit of a speculative question as the Codex is yet to come. But, do you think Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts will be Elites or Heavy Support in the Force Organization Chart? I'm looking to field Devastator Squads, so if Mortis' are Heavy Support they don't fit in.

I'd definitely have both up your sleeve as they have different battlefield capabilities - doubly so at the moment, since Devastators can't take autocannon.

I'd say pick your successor based on whether you like their backstory rather than whether they "officially" use single or double-headed tactical symbols :P. You can use whatever markings you want, chapter symbols aside, so go with whatever you like/is easiest to manage.

I'll second that and also note that yellow is one of the more complicated colors to pull off as far as painting goes (or so I have read - I have never actually painted a model full yellow).

Though I suppose it's likely the parent chapter would pass on their way of doing things, I don't think it's a requirement. And for what it's worth, considering the AoV are technically not even a DA successor - at least not officially - you have that much more leeway.

Or just shave off those AOBR markings. The new box will have them the DA way I think anyway (except with that you'll have to shave off the actual DA icon for a successor, lol).

Archived