Dantewing, a few modelling questions

gazworth

Hey guys, this is my first real post, although Ive been a long term follower. I really want to build the full Sanguinary Guard for an army. Ive got 5 squads of SG, but according to the codex there are 29 and the herald (Sepharan). Ive been wondering what to use as these, I was thinking of two Sanguinary Priests, a Librarian and a chaplain, but what do you guys think? The other thing I was looking for some inspiration on was what rules to use for the Herald of Sanguinius. My first thoughts are to build a counts as Dante, so that they can be troops, but the other idea would be to build a captain, although Im not sold on this idea. If I was to build a Dante count as, how would you guys go about modelling him so that he looks distinct, as well as more "heroic" than a standard SG? Sorry if this isnt in the right place, as I say, Im new, so apologies. And yes, Ill be running the Sanguinor too :)

I would do one of the two

Dante Body + Head with Sang Guard or Sanguinor JP using their Weapons in Place of His but keep him in his default pose.

Or

Sanguinor Body + Sang Guard Axe + Dante Pistol + Dante Head

Or

Dante Head/Body + Astro's arms/Wings using + Sang Guard Axe or Sword

Archived