Death wing squad arrangement

katarn

Hi all

I'm about to start repainting my dark angels and have recently bought some terminators of eBay which ive stripped of paint. The problem I'm having is working out what will be the best squad arrangement. There is

4x TH/SS

5x TLC

1x PW/SB

1x HF/PF

1x SB/PF/CML

3x SB/PF

All help would be greatly appreciated

Katarn

Take a look at the Deatheing Metrics that I broke down in my earlier thread. It should give you the best idea of how any given loadout will perform.

Fifteen terminators is only going to give you ~750 points, so you'll need to figure out what the rest of the army is going to be doing, what you want these three squads to accomplish, and how you are going to fill the points value you'll be playing at. Then you'll want to draw up an army list and stick in in the approriate subforum for review and critique.

Although, for what it's worth, my favorite squad loadouts are:

A - 1x Dual Claws & Cyclone Missile Launcher; 1x Chainfist & Storm Bolter; 1x Power Sword & Storm Bolter; 2x Thunderhammer & Stormshield

B - 1x Assault Cannon & Chainfist; 2x Powerfist & Storm Bolter; 1x Power Sword & Storm Bolter; 1x Thunderhammer & Stormshield

At 2k points, I run four of squad A, two of squad B, plus a Termie Librarian, Belial, and a "comand squad" with 3x LC and 2x TH/SS (the medic and banner are both the TH/SS guys).

The best thing to do is to magnetise them.....

For a small investment you can buy enough 2x1mm rare earth magnets (2 for each torso and 1 per arm).

This will mean that you will have no end of options to go for no matter what the future codex will say :D

It will also allow you to buy ACs on line or use the ones on the DA sprue to increase your options later...

I am going back through all my own termies at the moment magnetising everything......

Cheers for the replies guys.

Ajax thanks for the info it's going to be very usefull in the future but for the moment I'm working on a limited budget so can really only play with the load out have. I can add a cyclone's or assault cannon as I have some bits to model them. The idea is to have them to draw fire and try and take the centre being allies for my tau. When the new codex comes out (when ever that is!) I'm going to try and make a balanced multi wing army as I have lots of tactical marines and bikes.

Elmo I will be doing this but need a bit of advice. What do you use to drill out a space for the magnet. As ive said I'm on a strick budget. The only drill I have is the GW hand one

The only drill I have is the GW hand one

You can use the GW pin drill as long as it is the correct size for the magnets you have.

I bought myself a cheap Dremmel rip off years ago and it is great... (search ebay for "hobby drill")

As long as the one you go for has variable speed it will work without melting the plastic.

The magnets I used for my Termies are rare earth 2 x 1mm,

I use HSS drill bits and have the following sizes:

1mm (for pinning and bolter barrels)

2mm (for small magnets and melta barrels)

2.5 & 3mm (larger barrels)

plus the drill came with various engraving tools/sanding and cutting disks etc which are all usefull.

You can also use the pin drill - just drill a 2mm diameter hole to a depth of just over 2mm (or your magnet size) holes into the torso and the arm as in the photos below then superglue them in - just make sure that the polarity is correct...

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/CIMG2944.jpghttp://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/CIMG2943.jpg

Just make sure that the polarity is correct...

I like to take a "stack" of the magnets, since the naturally want to form columns, and a big peice of ferrous material (like sheet steel or the `fridge) and then pop them of one by one with the same pole down. Then I take one of my miniature brushes and paint one pole a nice vibrant color. Let it dry, and presto, all your polarity problems are solved.

Unless, someone, you mistakenly get one of the magnets flipped over before you paint. I have one Leman Russ in my Armoured Battlegroup (25 tanks, total) that will only accept ONE set of hull-mounted weaponry. It's my Commissar Tank, so I guess he's just picky. ;)

Archived