Storm Eagle in Blood Angels

Blindhamster

but cannot put our own troops in them via allies correct? I also don't really see the balance issue, as now non BA get two fliers while our apparently flight loving Blood Angels get one - one that is incapable of transporting a full assault squad, which sucks for those that prefer to field fluffy 10 man squads all round)

Also, while I do own a Thunderhawk, I fail to see how it's more useful than either the storm eagle or the storm raven as one can get three or four of them for the cost of a Thunderhawk. The new Imperial Armour Aeronautica book does help make the Thunderhawk marginally better with some decent upgrade options, but it'll still be downed horribly quickly by a like for like points value of other armies fliers, which is a shame! Not to mention the Thunderhawks transport capacity again sucking for a Blood Angel army (amusingly there was an apoc formation for BA which used 3 T-Hawks, and in that, the T-Hawks could carry 30 assault marines... if only that was standard, or even just 20 assault marines)

Archived