My Iron Warrior

OK new update after getting lost in the warp aka being underway. I have a tournament coming up a little bit too soon so i have been frantically working on that. this will be a two part update the first part being the actual stuff i got done for this upcoming tournament and the second being what i got done for call of chaos.

PART 1: The 2k Tourney

Here is what i am bringing, after finishing whats in the photo here i still have a vendetta two heldrakes two preds and 10 guard to get done. so it's going to be rough. this is the list i'm going to be trying out. I have only tested it out once, but it did very well. heldrakes were pretty much kings of that game.

Lord 150

Sigil

Power Axe

Combi Plas

MoN

Boon

5 PM 197

2 Plas

Rhino

Havoc launcher

5 PM 197

2 Plas

Rhino

Havoc launcher

2 heldrakes w/ baleflamer 340

Pred LC Sponsons and AC top 115

Pred LC Sponsons and AC top 115

Pred all LC 140

GUARD

CCS 125

2 GL

AC

Chimera

PCS 100

3x Flamer

Chimera

TS 120

GL

AC

Chimera

TS 120

GL

AC

Chimera

Leman Russ 150

Vendetta 130

What i got done in the past week.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318988_10151295791409467_1748951801_n.jpg

PART 2: CALL OF CHAOS ormysadexcuseforanupdate

November

Update # 1

So still very slow progress, i have had a few failed molds, and more pressingly my coming tournament (which is actually two tournaments same points level one Saturday and one Sunday) But i finally got my bike bases in!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575121_10151295791469467_2118638484_n.jpg

I've gotten one biker hot off the mold-press-thing, but I'll wait for pictures till i can figure out how to get the other mold working for them. the one with the bolters and gun shield. and by that i mean cast the next mold more carefully haha. I did a bit of a rush job and I'm paying for it. My AC mold was the worst I've ever made including the first mold i made haha.

So i didn't get to finish all of my models for the tournament but i got pretty close. here is a shot of what i got done in my second week of painting. as you can see i got everything done but those heldrakes. overall i'd say I'm happy with how much i got done leading up to these tournaments.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/406898_10151306378264467_1875866243_n.jpg

here is the final shot of my tournaments army, i really need to get my camera working because these cell phone pictures are just not good. you can't really see all the detail i put into these guys.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/177679_10151306378249467_884809880_o.jpg

Here is how the tournament went, my list is in my above post.

first round i was facing the Sisters of Battle player that knocked me out of the last tournament i played in. his list was pretty similar to what he had last time. unfortunately i don't know the names of all of his special characters.

coteaz

two sister hq's (don't know what they had other than some plasma stuff)

two 20 girl strong sister squads with priests with eviscerators, melta, multi melta, melta bombs, sister superiors had some halberd looking power weapon (never got into cc with them).

henchmen with 3 monkeys three crusaders (coteaz went here)

heavy weapons sisters with 4 heavy bolters

ten outflanking sisters in rhino with four flamers and combi melta rhino had hunter killer.

exorcist

dreadknight

bastion with lascannon

he got prescience and fore-warning on coteaz. i do not remember his warlord trait

i got gun morph on my boon roll (str 8 plasma gun!) and rolled hatred incarnate for warlord trait.

deployment was hammer and anvil and the mission was the scouring. i will be providing crude paint drawings to show the board so my rambilngs make a bit more sense.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14191_10151306419434467_365737049_n.jpg

i got second turn but i was on the side with the 4 point objective. he reserved one of his blobs of sisters, outflanked the flamer girls, and deep struck the dread.

first turn his heavy bolter squad burned the faith to get rending and popped a chimera, first blood for him. his exorcist wiffed, and the monkeys blew up another chimera.

my first turn saw the tri las predator fire at the bastion blowing it up. the heavy bolter sisters remained unharmed. but coteaz took a wound, and he lost two henchmen. the moneys said we got this and jumped from the top of the bastion without harm. fired a but ton of lascannons and auto cannons at the exorcist and succeded in glancing it once. his turn everything came in. dreadknight plopped right behind the four point objective the flamer sisters came in on the side with the three point objective, and his blob walked onto his table edge and combined with the other squad pretty much filled the other side of the table with 3+ girls. his dread flamed the chimera not hurting it, but he removed my platoon command squad that was sitting in the wreckage of one of my chimeras. combi melta blew off the russ turret, heavy bolters brought my company command squad down to just the commander. exorcist finished him off, cause he didnt want me making any orders.

my tun only the vendetta came in, i was hopping to vector strike his flamer girls out of their transport, but the dice gods said no this time. i dropped my lord out of his rhino with his plague friends and walked them towards the dreadnight, and turned one of the preda around. the tri las could see the dreadnight with the top weapon and one of the side weapons so he stayed put. my russ turned around so his but wasnt facing the flamer rhino. couple of chimeras shuffled for better shots. tri las pred fired at dreadnight doing a wound. lord and his plasma squad rolled up on the dreadnight and fired 6 plasma shots, killing the knight! this brought up a really interesting question though. how would you determine if the lord's plasma was the one that finished him off (for boon rolls). because if the chaos player got to chose he would chose whatever worked best for him, and vice versa for the other guy. vendetta did a hull point to the exorcist, my other plasma squad whiffed and did nothing to his flamer rhino. rhinos havoc launcher harrassed the monkeys in the ruins killing a henchman.

his turn he scooted his flamer girls behind the two point objective on my side, exorcist did a glance and a pen to my chimera, but i passed my cover saves. next turn i finally finished off the exorcist, got one heldrake in and he flamed a few girls. russ rammed the flamer girl squad. predator finished off the rhino. girls hopped out hiding behind my russ all bunched up so as to deny the chaos lord the charge. havoc launcher fired at them killing two.

next turn he moved his girls out to try to pull me off an objective, but was not in charge range. the game was pretty well over at that point, i finished off that squad and kept my three objectives. he had the two and the three and the one on his side as well as first blood. final score was 9 me and 7 him.

the next game i played nids, it went to time on the third round because he had a drop poddy army and was really taking his time moving to minimize the damage my templates would do to him. not saying i blame him at all haha. there isnt much of a battle to report on unfortunately, due to us only going till turn three. i killed his one trygon that was in my deployment zone to deny him linebreaker, and having gotten first blood that left the score at 1-0 me. would have been interesting to see how it panned out. i most likely would have dealt three or four wounds to his other trygon leaving him another turn to eat me, and his hive tyrant kept running around messing things up. he had a dakka fex that had just dropped, and the doom was still alive and doing his thing. i had just gotten my second heldrake in, so i was going to start using my fliers to my advantage. it was fun enough while it lasted but left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to win 1-0 like that.

third round they gave me the bi cause i had beaten the only other two players with a win, so there was no way for me to lose. they gave me some store credit and this is what i got. time to start the tzeentch demons!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/254839_10151306378254467_1130355049_n.jpg

Tournament number 2 was the next day, i brought the same army with the exception of dropping the russ. (it was 1850 vice 2k)

game one was against a marine and guard player.

he had:

a chapter master (don't know about his wargear i shot him up)

two lazerbacks

two squads of marines with multi melta and melta

5 terminators with a couple of chain fists and assault cannon in a land raider crusader.

vindicator

CCS with master of ord 3 melta and medic with chimera.

2 vet squads with three meltas and 4+ save

hydra

vendetta

mission was control table quarters, secondary was kill most expensive, tertiary was win by 2 VP. bonus point for killing warlord, and having a scoring unit in the other player's deployment zone.

he got first turn, his warlord trait was furious charge in my deployment zone (useless for him cause his CM was not a very stabby guy). my warlord trait was hatred incarnate with my boon roll being re-roll armor saves.

his first turn he whiffed. his MoO missed completely, his chapter master glanced a chimera with his big boom, and the vindicator scattered away. hydra missed, and his multi laser bounced off my chimera. his guard shuffled around a bit. his land raider moved up and whiffed. not looking good for him.

my turn, i largely whiff. with all of my shooting i manage to kill one razor back, stun the vindicator, and do two hull points to the other razorback. lascannon pred did 2 HP to land raider, and stunning it. and everybody else enjoyed shooting the same birds his guys did.

his turn his vendetta comes in and punks one of my predators. his master of ordanance actually hits something blowing up a chimera. his land raider whiffed and his vindi was stunned. hydra shot some birds. one of his marine squads with the MM come in from reserve and try to get in position of anything.

my turn i get the vendetta and one drake. my vendetta flies into the face of his and immobalizes it, locking his speed and so forth. helldrake flames the marines that had come in killing the guy with the MM. my lord and his buddies start sneaking around the side to try to take one of the buildings the veteran squad is holding. finally i kill that other lazerback but it took all my remaining chimeras an the guys inside them. do another hull point to the vindi but i am unable to finish him off. laser pred immobalizes his land raider. nurgle squad stuns hydra with their plasma, and my flamer squad goes after some marines with a vengence....but only kills two.

his turn he has to fly his vendetta off the table, he gets his other marine squad in and moves them towards my vendetta. his vindicator opens up a chimera and spills out my CCS boys. his vet squad try to blow up my rhino holding my lord but are just out of the 6inch line and only knock off two hull points. master of ordanance again blows up a chimera, i gotta kill this guy never thought i would say it. im nto sure why he left his terminators in the land raider but he does. he hide his chapter master behind the raider, as he doesnt want to take a million armor saves from my guard.

my turn my other dragon comes in and i move him towards the veteran squad that shot at my lords rhino, killing 7. the other drake turns and vector strikes the vindicator killing him. the land raider and the hydra both die to predators, and the heldrake that killed the vindicator killed a 5 man marine squad, i kill all of the termis by massed fire, and the vendetta shows how awesome he is by not even glancing the chimera in the back field. we played through the next turn but he pretty well conceded here

all in all again i am impressed with the heldrakes, but i feel like his list was thrown together at last minute and could have been better. he has to use a few proxies, and told me he had left a few things at home he wish he had brought.

more to follow on the other two rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Call of chaos November Update II

Well i didn't get too much work done on these guys this month, but here is a bad picture of them (good news found my camera, bad news don't have a memory card for it haha. so next pictures will be better quality.)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/468126_10151324716194467_334311980_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So the call was an utter failure, it didnt motivate me enough. I think it was because i could not go beyond the five entries and didnt even want to use what i first vowed in my new list haha. So now on to ETLII with renewed vigor and a debt to the dark gods. My first vow is a termi lord and 5 terminators (only 30 more to go after these!)461194_10151648359274467_1712369858_o.jp

Archived