Stormraven model

terminatorAM

I am planning to convert a stormraven (as I hate the model as it is) by putting the engines on the wing tips similar to the modern Osprey, but I haven't bought the set yet and in my current planning phase I need to know how thick the wings are so I can get some plastic-card to extend them. So anyone who currently has one, could you let me know pretty please? :)

Also I was thinking of taking the twin assault cannon off the top and placing one gun on each side door w/ a marine firing it from a side mounting (think Vietnam war chopper). While it won't really look twin-linked anymore, I think the awesomeness factor will be way up and I could still count it as twin-linked. Do you think many people would have problems with this as far as WYSIWYG?

3mm.

The weapon that is mounted on the top - say assault cannon - is there for a reason (imagine moving a Leman russ' side turrets up onto its main turret for example), lately a lot of people are complaining that they have no LOS when they get within a certain range (quite close), so since the SR has a blind spot some people might get funny & call it modeling for advantage. Personally, I couldn't care less & would love to see such a fun model, but you know, you get all sorts in this world.

I guess if you don't take it to competitive play you'll be fine.

- Dallas

PS. Pictures?

Thanks for the reply Dallas Drake

I do plan to use this for mostly fun games although I didn't even think about a potential blind spot

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out if this idea will even work before I buy any of the parts needed ie: super over priced stormraven kit, so I won't have pictures for some time here, but I will probably create a new thread when I get started to show it off. Plus I have no time to finish my painting challenge pledge so a new wip thread might be my penance

Not sure what you are referring to DominicJ but it doesn't have them on the wing tips. They are attached to the wings via the fuselage but that is not the "tip" of the wing.

Interested to see how that model looks, can't quite get my head around how it would work :drool:

Archived