The Dark Angels are calling

I'm thinking of doing a Dark Angels army when the new chaos codex is released. I have some spare winged backpacks from my BA convrsions and I was thinking of combining them wih the robed darkangels and chaos gubinz to make an awesome looking fallen angel style raptor unit to centrepiece the army.

I've always liked the idea of the fallen and the SG wings and DA robesseem too good a combo to miss out on.

fallen were one of the things that lured me even deeper into dark angels back in the day, and now they have helped reignite a passion for the dark gods. good luck, the combos sound like they'd work really well. look forward to some pics of them.

I've always wanted to do a squad of fallen to use in my armies as chosen, still havn't got round to it.

Good morning brothers,

I too have considered creating a squad of fallen but primarily just to showcase rather then use in a game (my main army is dark angles so i dont think that would work). i was thinking more of tactical marines rather then assualt (raptors) however your idea is sounds impressive. I too would like to see some images once you are finnished. ;)

I also have long considered doing a fallen squad as chosen, and have held back due to their black armor being a bit more similar than I would like to my black legion's armor. Sure, the fallen don't have that metal trim, but I'm afraid in my army that would just make them look unfinished, rather than cool and distinct like they might look in, say, an alpha legion force.

Anyway, fallen angel winged jump marines sounds like an awesome idea, especially if the rumor of a second, more badass jump pack unit turns out to be true. Add me to the list of posters eager to see pics of these conversions.

Just an idea,

If you think that adding Black armoured fallen to a Black Legion force would look bad because they're black as well, then embellish.

Freehand red winged-swords & Chaos stars all over.

Use a different black, e.g. a blueish one.

My favourite Fallen to this day are these guys (also, check the termies on page 1)

I've always felt that the Fallen Angels are one of those portions of the background that have never really been "tapped" to their full potential. The imagery, the ethos of the Fallen is arguably so different from anything else amongst the Space Marines, which ties into the essential mystery of the Dark Angels, who always seem to be one tippy toe away from treachery themselves, if indeed they haven't always been walking their own surreptitious path. What is it the Fallen want? Where are their loyalties? Whom do they serve? Are they full blown traitors, as the Dark Angels would have it believed, or are they the truly loyal who discovered a deeper canker at the heart of the legion? Is it more complex than that? The essential mystery, as with the Alpha Legion, is what makes the Fallen so interesting, and, for my money, is what should drive army design.

First of all, black armour; not green. Secondly, nothing too explicit; no Chaos icons or marks of imperial heraldry (save perhaps the broken sword). Robes, shadows, uncertainty...archaic armour designs; imagery of broken angels, betrayed and cast down...there's a great deal of modelling and painting potential for a truly unique force here; one that looks like a mass of shadows; dark armour, dark robes; almost phantasmal faces peering from beneath. The monastic quality of the Dark Angels can be emphasized to the Nth degree amongst the Fallen, who take great pains to conceal and obfuscate themselves.

I've always felt that the Fallen Angels are one of those portions of the background that have never really been "tapped" to their full potential. The imagery, the ethos of the Fallen is arguably so different from anything else amongst the Space Marines, which ties into the essential mystery of the Dark Angels, who always seem to be one tippy toe away from treachery themselves, if indeed they haven't always been walking their own surreptitious path. What is it the Fallen want? Where are their loyalties? Whom do they serve? Are they full blown traitors, as the Dark Angels would have it believed, or are they the truly loyal who discovered a deeper canker at the heart of the legion? Is it more complex than that? The essential mystery, as with the Alpha Legion, is what makes the Fallen so interesting, and, for my money, is what should drive army design.

First of all, black armour; not green. Secondly, nothing too explicit; no Chaos icons or marks of imperial heraldry (save perhaps the broken sword). Robes, shadows, uncertainty...archaic armour designs; imagery of broken angels, betrayed and cast down...there's a great deal of modelling and painting potential for a truly unique force here; one that looks like a mass of shadows; dark armour, dark robes; almost phantasmal faces peering from beneath. The monastic quality of the Dark Angels can be emphasized to the Nth degree amongst the Fallen, who take great pains to conceal and obfuscate themselves.

That's the general idea I am shootng for. I love John Milton's paradise lost and many o fthe themes from that great work are going to be included in the fallen force.

Archived