Tribun's Astartes

TRIBUN

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plastic decoration crystals . Can be bought in every hobby store here in Germany.

Something like this, I assume. I've never seen them small enough to be used on bases.

how do you like my minis?

I like the painting style very much, I would not have thought those Terminators to be Crimson Fists though , except for the big red fist on the shoulder pad. They look too black IMHO. Might be the photo though.

The Space Wolves look great. I like your color scheme much better than GW's baby-blue.

Very nice stuff especially the dwarf inspired space wolves, i really like the ghostly einherjer (what does that word mean? i know ein is iron) you could use the legion of the damned allies to represent them if you are going for supernatural space marines smile.png

I also really like the Boarding Armour idea, gives me inspiration if you don't mind me borrowing the idea?

Thank you, feel free to borrow my ideas. :)

Wikipedia:

In Norse mythology, the einherjar (Old Norse "single (or once) fighters"[1]) are those that have died in battle and are brought to Valhalla by valkyries. In Valhalla, the einherjar eat their fill of the nightly-resurrecting beast Sæhrímnir, and are brought their fill of mead (from the udder of the goat Heiðrún) by valkyries. The einherjar prepare daily for the events of Ragnarök, when they will advance for an immense battle at the field of Vígríðr; the battle which the "ein" (here meaning single-time) refers to.

The einherjar are attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson, the poem Hákonarmál (by the 10th century skald Eyvindr skáldaspillir) as collected in Heimskringla, and a stanza of an anonymous 10th century poem commemorating the death of Eric Bloodaxe known as Eiríksmál as compiled in Fagrskinna.

Scholarly theories have been proposed etymologically connecting the einherjar to the Harii (a Germanic tribe attested in the 1st century CE), the eternal battle of Hjaðningavíg, and the Wild Hunt. The einherjar have been the subject of works of art and poetry.

PS: Iron is in German "Eisen" (speak: Ice-en)

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130928/64z3ws7k.jpg

My Astartes:

Played as a Loganwing by the rules of the Space Wolves Codex, the colour sheme was inspired by the Space Wolves, as the Ultramarines and the Night Lords. I wanted to have Astartes, who look fierce, savage and noble in the same way.

Many old minis with conversion can be seen here, also conversion of WHF Chaos Warriors to Power armoured Wolfguard.

C&C welcome!

Archived