Dark Angels fleet master

Brother Keyaetus

Need some cough medicine?:P

Nah, I'm good. :D

No need to feel bad about correcting me if I am wrong, I make tonnes of mistakes throughout my life it's a great way to learn.

Esp with dexes I don't frequently use.

Thanks for the info.

:D

stobz

No feeling bad here, just trying to give you a surreptitious heads up. :D

Need some cough medicine?:D No need to feel bad about correcting me if I am wrong, I make tonnes of mistakes throughout my life it's a great way to learn.

Esp with dexes I don't frequently use.

Thanks for the info.

:P

stobz

How dare you don't know everything ever written in everything ever. :D

It's funny the things they put in fluff. Of course, marines eat too. I wonder if they have Chief Sanitization officer to make sure the chapter serfs are scrubbing out the chamber pots.

The Victuallers note is an interesting one. I found in wiki that victualler is a term referring to more or less a grocer.

Well certainly in the pre-Victorian British Army they were responsible for procuring food for men and fodder for horse. And just to note they could be civilian contractors rather then serving officers.

"Armchair Strategists talk forces. Military Professionals talk logistics."

-Erwin Rommel

/edit/

By the way, the master of the fleet would be a logistician, too. The DA fleet exists for transportation, not space combat, purposes!

How dare you don't know everything ever written in everything ever. :)

Sorry EPK, even with a pile of rule books two feet high (and dating back 25years) I can't seem to remember everything before I type. I'm a dumbass :P my bad.

Happy days, I'm going back to look at those leaked pics of our new goodies, well played GW, you'll have my life savings and my kids birthday present funds yet.

s

By the way, the master of the fleet would be a logistician, too. The DA fleet exists for transportation, not space combat, purposes!

All Space Marine fleets are primarily concerned with transport, not space combat. After the Horus Heresy, along with the breaking of the Legions into Chapters, the High Lords of Terra and Roboute Guilliman worked to ensure the Space Marines would never present a threat to the Imperial Navy. Thus they limited the Space Marine Chapters to vessels whose primary role was that of transport, delivery and suppression designed to facilitate planetary assault. Only the smallest of vessels would be permitted to be gunships exclusively, with the large battlebarges and strike cruisers remaining predominantly as transports... several kilometer long transports with enough firepower to slag a midsized nation-state dirtside, but still transports. (All this is spelt out explictly in various Battlefleet Gothic supplements). Now, a Space Marine fleet is still a force to be reckoned with in space combat, the Imperial Navy of M.41 is entirely comfortable with how powerful the Astartes have become in this area, they are still mostly transport fleets.

Archived