Space Marine models for Night Lords?

Magnus Thane

A lot of Armor used by Traitor Marines is cannibalized. Even more so for Trophies or because of the lack of manufacturing in some cases. I recall in one of the codexes that Chaos Marines covet newer armor, but its not something to go into the fray with.

I will say, go for it. Night Lords have been known throughout the editions to have one of the few stable Geneseeds and most of the mutations are kept low or off the grid.

Repaint GK/SW in blue. Oh wait :D

I've been waiting for years to write such a horrid comment. Your chapter name and Avatar is going to raise eyebrows, and frown ppl away. I guess the solution is the Night Lords figurine, and chaos marines.

After all those talkings, I fear that most new CSM players will play NL as lot's of ppl loved ADB NL's novels.

A lot of Armor used by Traitor Marines is cannibalized. Even more so for Trophies or because of the lack of manufacturing in some cases. I recall in one of the codexes that Chaos Marines covet newer armor, but its not something to go into the fray with.

I will say, go for it. Night Lords have been known throughout the editions to have one of the few stable Geneseeds and most of the mutations are kept low or off the grid.

Which symbols should be removed? The eagle on the chest and the markings on the boots with the skull-sword?

Or can they keep those?

If your fluff gives them a way to get their hands on it, I would imagine that they would use it. Everybody bar smurfs realises that the armour is made for a reason. They can keep the symbols if they want. They're Chaos and do as they choose, they were completely untouched by the Great Nerfing and will wear whatever (practical) they think is pretty/terrifying. You could say that they keep the Imperial bits to confuse, as a trophy, or simply because *ooh, shiny!*.

Good mkorning brothers,

I too am starting to creat a night lords army and was stuck on armour ideas. I drew inspiration from the four night lord books BL have produced but settled in the end for a more "clean" look with my army so choose MK V heresey armour from FW. i recieved (and continue to) a lot of help from members on here in regards to a topic i set up and did get alot of ideas.

With the new HH books from FW coming out im rather hopeful we will recieve unique models for each legion. There was mention of conversion packs but id rather have a full set of armour. I await and see. Im also a hugh dark angles fan so hoping to get armour for both legions!

Which symbols should be removed? The eagle on the chest and the markings on the boots with the skull-sword?

Or can they keep those?

Deface them, remove them, or damage them. If you want to be sneaky, you can even use certain models for Infiltration and say they mimicked a loyalist chapter like the Alpha Legion did on Vraks. One aspect of terror to use is to instill the fear into an enemy that you can strike when they feel secure. It is also demoralizing to see friendly symbols defaced before the enemy.

For my custom Warband, I'm intending to make the Lord with most of the model from a Mk. 8 piece whenever I get around to securing some models.

Archived